• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you...

Give up a small (less than a month) renewal to save your sanity?
    B00med!

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    No. But there again, what's the context?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

No. As it wont save your sanity. A few weeks makes no odds.

But I am looking at new gigs : some on a lower rate. Its worth it for my sanity long term.

Comment

If my warchest was looking very healthy then yes. Otherwise take the money.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

A permie chap at one of my clients resigned and went on the social rather than carry on working for them.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            A permie chap at one of my clients resigned and went on the social rather than carry on working for them.
            A contractor chap at a gig I was on years ago didn't get extended, he worked on for another three months unpaid. Client didn't care, the rest of us didn't care. This was in a time when you could pick and choose your contract, go figure...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

No.

One - it's a renewal of < month

Two - if you think that you'll recover your sanity within < month either (a) what ever it is isn't serious or (b) you're mental (although see highlighted above)

Three - I'm not qualified to give this advice in any way

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                WoW! Respect...

One or 2 permies I know might have saved their sanity and their marriages had they made that decision...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Back to the grindstone then...

B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    No. But there again, what's the context?
                    After re-reading the post...I would like to change my answer to yes.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X