• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Websites that SUCK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Websites that SUCK!

Be's new site. IT IS HORRID

All you webby types - please explain to me why that is 'cool'. If some design company presented that to me they would be out the door straight away. I would NEVER let that pile of tulipe have my company name on it.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Blimey, I think even I would struggle to create something as dire as that!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

I right clicked and chose "Open in New Tab" and got a dialog box:

www.bethere.co.uk:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
      When I click on the link, I get a page saying:

Secure Connection Failed

www.bethere.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Or you can add an exception…
      I'm reinforcing your argument, aren't I?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

None of these work for me:

Code:
        https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage
        https://www.bethere.co.uk/
        http://www.bethere.co.uk/
        and the "Or you can add an exception…" link does nothing to inspire me with confidence.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Understatement. No excuse for it really,

Only reason can think of they came up with something like that is they fired the web team and bought a cms to replace them and poped down to the local job center to get someone (who has done the ECDL) to set it up

My original thought was they might have used the boss's nerdy kid but honestly seen sites set up by nerdy 10 year olds that are 100 times better

Comment

Maybe they want to set a trend in minimalist site design. FAIL
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Someone has read Jakob Nielsen's book.

Comment

All you webby types - please explain to me why that is 'cool'. If some design company presented that to me they would be out the door straight away. I would NEVER let that pile of tulipe have my company name on it.

Comment

I'm on the Virgin 20mb cable service, and the bethere site is tulip slow.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Presumably this site is the result of some horrid school project by one of the directors kids??

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X