• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend trip ideas (UK)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend trip ideas (UK)

Was advised that Cotswolds is a nice area to visit but unclear whether there is actually anything to do there (apart from watch the sunset...).

Or Leeds Castle (in Kent) - anyone been there yet?

Have already visited : Warwick/Stratford-Upon-Avon, Bath, Bournemouth, Canterbury, Brighton. Also done Paris by train.

Ideally don't want to drive more than 2 hours out of London. Any other places that you can recommend?

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Was advised that Cotswolds is a nice area to visit but unclear whether there is actually anything to do there (apart from watch the sunset...).

Have already visited : Warwick/Stratford-Upon-Avon, Bath, Bournemouth, Canterbury, Brighton. Also done Paris by train.

Ideally don't want to drive more than 2 hours out of London. Any other places that you can recommend?
    What about Oxfordshire? I was in Banbury for a wedding a couple of years ago and it was lovely... not mass amounts of stuff to do but it was a lovely hotel and the villages are around were sooo pretty.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Further than you want to drive, but the Lake District is spectacular and the Derbyshire and Yorkshire Dales are both well worth a weekend.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Leeds Castle has events on throughout the summer which are supposed to be quite good.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Londeners!

Always have to have something to 'do'. Here is a tip - if you need to keep yourself occupied every second of every day then you don't go to relaxed, out of the way places.

Maybe Alton Towers would be more suitable.

Otherwise occupy yourself by relaxing, walking, eating & drinking - that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

I don't understand. Londoners don't drive out into the country, it's too quiet, - they get on a plane!

For a weekend you could do any of Barcelona, Nice, Rome, Geneva, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Brussels (you can do that by train too), Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, Reykjavik, Dublin.

Comment

I thought you Laaarndeners drove to saaarfend for the weekends?

Cockles 'an mussles!

Comment

Southwold. The thinking man's Margate.

Comment

Lincoln is nice enough if you like a big church and a castle.
                  Probably just more than 2 hours drive but easily reachable on the train in under 2 hours.

Comment

Iceland.

And no Kerry Katona.

Comment

Working...
                    X