• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much would it cost to release a genetically engineered flu virus?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8164660.stm

Just wondered like.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    There was something yesterday which said GSK made a couple billion profit in the last 3 months alone - will see if I can find a link...

Edit - Can't find it.... and anyway, I'm bored of it all now. Plus having to endure cyber numpties ravings is giving me a headache...
    Last edited by cailin maith; 23 July 2009, 11:52.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It has actually crossed my mind before, and especially after reading about Dr David Kelly, who was writing a book which would have divulged the practices of some major governments in developing biological/bacterialogical weapons.

Is this pandemic man-made ?

Comment

Well baggy and I did tell you to buy pharma shares a few months ago.
        This should do me nicely
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          It has actually crossed my mind before, and especially after reading about Dr David Kelly, who was writing a book which would have divulged the practices of some major governments in developing biological/bacterialogical weapons.

Is this pandemic man-made ?
          Groan - Is there no end to your idiocy?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The North Koreans had an intesnive Bio-program dedicated to creaitng a virus that would profile certain Racial groups , as I recall Western Intelligence got wind of it about 3 years ago -

Altough its an Ill-Wind ... -Mr Rumsfield will be over the Moon with these sales figures m, which is jsut a s well as a few Neo-Cons lost their shirt in the Credit Crunch.

Swiss drugs firm Roche has seen sales of Tamiflu - the main drug being used to fight the swine flu pandemic - rise by 200% in the first half of the year.

Sales of the drug hit 1bn Swiss francs ($937m; £567m), as Roche said Tamiflu production would be expanded to 400 million packs annually by early 2010.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 July 2009, 11:46.

Comment

Why go to the trouble of engineering a virus, when you can just engineer the publicity.

Comment

I see some other pharma companies are cashing in.

http://grahambristol.files.wordpress...5/image001.jpg

Comment

Ask Donald Rumsfeld.

Comment

I have been told tamiflu is a 'distraction'.

Comment

Working...
                    X