• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's just a rumour that was spread around town ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a rumour that was spread around town ...

By the women and children.

... that summer might be making a comeback.

Spoke to one of my elderly neighbors’ a few minutes ago and I said that summer was over for another year, but she said that it was in the papers that it’s coming back in August.

I don’t believe a word of it.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

It's sunny oop North at the moment.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

24C down in the Sarf West. Glorious blue sky. But with a luvverly breeze.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's miserable and grey in Swindon.

Weather's not bad though.

Comment

It's "changeable" here. Absolutely f'd it down earlier, but it's bright and sunny now...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

In Berkshire, it's a bit dark due to all the ethnics here and the sky is a lovely chutney colour.

However, I am more worried about the reported swine-flu front which is headed this way.

CyberTwunt

Comment

It's miserable and grey in Swindon.
              It's always miserable and grey in Swindon

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                It's sunny oop North at the moment.
                Not in manchester - It's just been pissing it down!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Overcast but quite warm at the moment - I's say about 24 degrees. Cheered up a bit at lunch but the clouds have rolled back.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The nights are drawing in as well. I take the same flight back home most weeks and after a few weeks of landing in daylight or the gloaming, yesterday evening it was dark when we landed.

Comment

Working...
                    X