• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Al Di Meola...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Di Meola...

Is he any good? Can get tickets to see him tomorrow but dunno if I will. Anyone seen him?

I've got a CD of his. It's very good. I'm not sure it would make for a wild gig though.

Judge for yourself, here he is in 2004: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJS3...eature=related
    Last edited by PRC1964; 23 July 2009, 14:29.

Comment

Never seen him live. Technically brilliant. Probably not one you can pogo to though.

I'd go just to see his collection of guitars, but then that's just me
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Is he any good? Can get tickets to see him tomorrow but dunno if I will. Anyone seen him?

Yes Ive seen him play - if you like Carols Santana's style of Latino Guitar playing then you will like Al.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Yes Ive seen him play - if you like Carols Santana's style of Latino Guitar playing then you will like Al.
          Carlos is the main man as far as I'm concerned. Definitely going now you've said that Alfred.

Comment

Though I have to confess that the only reason I pricked up my ears when I saw he was playing is that he is mentioned on the Frank Zappa allbum Tinseltown Rebellion...

"Let's here it for another great American, Al Di Meola ladies and gentlemen..."

If Zappa liked him I guess he can't be bad.

Comment

Good gig - though not what I was expecting. It was billed as Al Di Meola's World Sinfonia & had a fair few ethnic sounds going on, which is fine, but the guy on accordian took centre stage a bit too much for my liking. Not a big fan of accordions myself. The guitar solos were great though.

Comment

Stomu Yamashta

Blimey, saw him in 1976 at Albert Hall with Steve Winwood etc. Is he still alive? nice solo guitar - I would recommend.

Comment

...now they know how many Al's it takes to fill the Albert 'Al ....

I read the news today - Oh Boy
                  The Afghan Army had just won the War
                  What we were fighting for - no-one could say
                  But I just had to look - having read the book
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 27 July 2009, 15:11.

Comment

Funny you should say thast because Steve Winwood's playing over here next week too.

Comment

Working...
                    X