• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Qnap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qnap

Anyone used it?Any good?

Originally posted by Pacciae View Post
    Anyone used it?Any good?
    I have a QNAP TS-209 Pro II. And it's very good.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I prefer AfternoonNap v1.0

I use it most weekends
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I have a 409 pro turbo - very good - now I just need to upgrade my home network in order for the qnap to serve hi-def content to tv or pc. There is always something isn't there.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          I prefer AfternoonNap v1.0

I use it most weekends
          We have loads of those at ClientCo

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            I have a 409 pro turbo - very good - now I just need to upgrade my home network in order for the qnap to serve hi-def content to tv or pc. There is always something isn't there.
            Going gigabit?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Going gigabit?
              I hope so. I have not started research into this yet - so I ask you a stupid question. Do I need Cat6 cables to go gigabit? Is that the difference between cat5 and cat6?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                I hope so. I have not started research into this yet - so I ask you a stupid question. Do I need Cat6 cables to go gigabit? Is that the difference between cat5 and cat6?
                You can go gigabit easily with CAT5E, but may have mixed results with just CAT5. I've personally gone for CAT6 for my main cable runs, but mainly because someone gave me a box It's solid core so not great for patch leads (doesn't bend easily) for which I tend to use CAT5E.

Earlier this week a supplier at ClientCo told me that they can get good quality CAT6 for half the price of a leading brand of CAT5E.

Comment

Working...
                X