• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DNA firm dropped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA firm dropped

DNA firm dropped
    DNA Bioscience, the company in which David Blunkett bought shares, has been removed from the government-approved list of testing centres.

Court staff have been ordered by the Department for Constitutional Affairs to stop recommending the company for DNA testing after the furore over Blunkett’s involvement which led to his resignation.

It has emerged that DNA Bioscience does not operate its own laboratory but sends DNA samples abroad for testing.

If DNA Bioscience permanently loses its government accreditation, it is likely to damage the prospects of a successful market flotation which could have made Blunkett as much as £450,000.

-----------------

Amazing how people who don't actually do work expect big payouts, I must be old fashioned thinking its the hard work that should be rewarded!
    Last edited by AtW; 6 November 2005, 01:23.

Dear Mr Blunkett,

Thanks for your consultancy. Don't call us, we'll call you.

MD, DNA Bioscience

Comment

I must be old fashioned thinking its the hard work that should be rewarded!
      Never has been son, never has been.

I often point out that I have found during my working life that the less I get paid the harder I have had to work.

That is why I tend to go for several simultaneous highly paid contracts. The more I get the less I have to actually work.

Which is nice.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X