• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clarkson: "Gordon Brown is a ...."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarkson: "Gordon Brown is a ...."

linky: Guardian

RESPECT!

"Clarkson was talking about a government policy and said as his payoff line: 'The reason you can't do that is because Gordon Brown is a c...,' " the eyewitness said. "Everyone found it very funny."

Downing Street declined to comment, although the Conservative MP John Whittingdale, the chairman of the House of Commons culture, media and sport select committee, criticised the presenter.

"Many people will find that offensive, many people will find that word in particular very offensive," he said. "I am surprised he felt it appropriate to use it."
    Just shows how out of touch the Conservatives are. If they get in, they will be just as bad as nuLieBore.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

oy, kettle! I think the pot is trying to say something to you.

Comment

either way - you cannot say things like that if you are a public person - clarkson should know better. But damn he is right!

Comment

This would never have happened under the Tories.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          linky: Guardian

RESPECT!

Just shows how out of touch the Conservatives are. If they get in, they will be just as bad as nuLieBore.

The Conservatives are merely showing that they have higher intellect and do not resort to insults. Labour are the party of insults, lack of intellect and spin. The best way to show up Gordon Brown is to wipe him out in an election and then show how an economy can thrive on lower taxes, and far less public sector and waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
            either way - you cannot say things like that if you are a public person - clarkson should know better. But damn he is right!

You can do it, but don't expect to win respect that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              The Conservatives are merely showing that they have higher intellect and do not resort to insults.
              Isn't Clarkson a Tory?

Anyway, it's funny but a little too far in my view. Clarkson perhaps thinks he is untouchable just because of his popularity; he should remember Mr. Woss.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Tories are virtually indistinguishable from NuLabour.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Isn't Clarkson a Tory?

Anyway, it's funny but a little too far in my view. Clarkson perhaps thinks he is untouchable just because of his popularity; he should remember Mr. Woss.
                  If it had been during the actual recording it would have been different, sounds like it was part of the warm up banter. Wrong word to use imo but accurate none the less.

What I'd like to see if GB try and sue for libel or defamation.

Judge :

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, have you reached your verdict?

Forman :

Yes your honor, we have.

Judge :

How say you?

Forman :

Gordon Brown is a ****, your honour.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Isn't Clarkson a Tory?

Ah, but Mr. Woss is a talentless, idiot content to court headline grabbing notoriety on the coat tails of others, whereas Mr. Clarkson . . . well, he just says it like it is and takes the flak.

Maybe instead of criticising his choice of vocabulary, the "down wiv der kids" Tories should consider recruiting him to mount a credible challenge to the "one-eyed Scottish idiot" next year.

I'd be more inclined to vote for Clarkson than Cameron.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X