• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am a Loser! Please Agree With Me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a Loser! Please Agree With Me!

I am now officially a Loser again. Or might I add a BIGGER loser.

Benched from next Friday albeit with a respectable pay off as I agreed a fixed term at a good rate with a clause.

Market seems better than it was last Nov to March - but may just sit out till Feb 2010 and chilax.

Cant really say theres any decent roles that excite me - but lets see. Wouldnt mind a 3 month and then take Nov to Feb off.

Will focus on SEO on my Plan B as its soo bloody time consuming this SEO malarky!

Loser Liability

This would never have happened under the Tories.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      chilax
      With that m'lud the prosecution rests.

Comment

I'd take some time off, but the bloody wife and kids(yes kids), another ones popped out are bleeding me dry.

If only i'd seen this happening back in 99, I would have turned left at the lights instead of right!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'd take some time off, but the bloody wife and kids(yes kids), another ones popped out are bleeding me dry.

If only i'd seen this happening back in 99, I would have turned left at the lights instead of right!!!
          You have been a busy boy!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            You have been a busy boy!
            Or someone's been a naughty girl...

Comment

M/F, long time no see, is the second one boy or a girl? Congrats, but I sympathise, and frankly, you aint seen nothing yet, wait until you start paying for their education costs and teenage wanting this and that trying to keep up with each other - at that time come here and complain about being bled dry

Comment

Hmm got a call from Agent - told me the role - and after 10 mins explained "they only want to offer fixed term contracts as a route in" my immediate and honest response was "In that case we may want to forget this opportunity and we'll leave it at that" as I had no intention of listening further - to which she changed her tune and says "how much would I be looking for at a day rate?"

what is going on? So does this mean they are charging day rates to the end client and then placing us contractors on fixed term and creaming the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Is that some kind of euphemism for chutney tower?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                    Hmm got a call from Agent - told me the role - and after 10 mins explained "they only want to offer fixed term contracts as a route in" my immediate and honest response was "In that case we may want to forget this opportunity and we'll leave it at that" as I had no intention of listening further - to which she changed her tune and says "how much would I be looking for at a day rate?"

what is going on? So does this mean they are charging day rates to the end client and then placing us contractors on fixed term and creaming the rest?
                    Just tell em yeah ...and then bugger off at the end.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X