• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anybody know who voted for them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know who voted for them

...and why wansn't there and AndyW option?

"Computer People, recently voted Best Agency 2008 by Contract UK readers"

http://www.jobserve.com/WB4FADB987265929A.jsjob

I'd like to know how they managed to pull this one off, unless they simply got the only vote and that was by one of their staff lurking on here.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

We ought to find who votes Labour too. Then we can all go round and beat them up. I'll hold the coats.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Who are Contract UK? Is it their in-house magazine?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This was bugging me a few weeks ago; I could find no 'Contract UK'.

There is no reference to "Contract UK" on the Computer People web site other than in their job ads. Nor is there anything on the Adecco web site.

There is http://www.contractuk.com/ which has someone's skiing holiday photos.

www.contractuk.co.uk is just a holding page for a (crap, IMHO) domain seller & hoster.

It's looking like a case for Trading Standards...
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          This was bugging me a few weeks ago; I could find no 'Contract UK'.

There is no reference to "Contract UK" on the Computer People web site other than in their job ads. Nor is there anything on the Adecco web site.

There is http://www.contractuk.com/ which has someone's skiing holiday photos.

www.contractuk.co.uk is just a holding page for a (crap, IMHO) domain seller & hoster.

It's looking like a case for Trading Standards...
          What, an agency lying? Is that abnormal?

Comment

Working...
          X