• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smacked a la Gob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smacked a la Gob

The manageress of the local pub asked me if I had a strimmer - er yes I do.
    Is there any chance you could do the garden at the back ? - er no.

its about 16 million acres - cheeky wench

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Hairy lass, then?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Hairy lass, then?
      a right two-spooner

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

If you are spending so much time in the pub that the owners think you ought to be doing your fair share of the housework, maybe it is time to have a look at your life.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          If you are spending so much time in the pub that the owners think you ought to be doing your fair share of the housework, maybe it is time to have a look at your life.
          After taking your advice, I have decided to nip around tonight with the strimmer.
          Can you lend me an extension cable ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Sure. I've just plugged it in. Get ready to catch the coils when I lob it out of the window.

Comment

When I was growing up in India we had a lot of geese in the garden They are by far the best way of keeping the lawn short. You just have to be careful not to slip on their droppings when you are playing cricket. You could suggest this to your lady in the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by chetty View Post
                When I was growing up in India we had a lot of geese in the garden They are by far the best way of keeping the lawn short. You just have to be careful not to slip on their droppings when you are playing cricket. You could suggest this to your lady in the pub.
                cant do that, I'm afraid
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  cant do that, I'm afraid
                  What are you afraid of? Geese or goosing the landlady of the pub?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    What are you afraid of? Geese or goosing the landlady of the pub?
                    no, we dont play cricket oop here
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X