• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would you entertain the Taliban?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you entertain the Taliban?

I see Milliband is saying we should talk to the Taliban.

As the government is always right I immediately wrote to the Taliban asking them to pop round for tea next Saturday but am starting to regret it.

I can't make polite conversation about sport, music, art or entertainment. Can't give them a beer or gin, show them my holiday snaps, play any music, watch TV or introduce the wife or any other female geusts without covering them in tents.

Any entertainment suggestions?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

As the government is always right I immediately wrote to the Taliban asking them to pop round for tea next Saturday but am starting to regret it.

I can't make polite conversation about sport, music, art or entertainment. Can't give them a beer or gin, show them my holiday snaps, play any music, watch TV or introduce the wife or any other female geusts without covering them in tents.

I suggest making plasticine Bhuddas and offer them some bangers. They can stick the bangers in and explode the Bhuddas
    hey presto - Millibands happy
    Abdhul al Ackmed is happy

everyone is happy and no harm done

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Invite them round for a game of 'guess who licked the chutney spoon'

Comment

True Story

Do exactly what we did on the first aircraft leaving Saudi Arabia after the first Gulf War.

- bacon butties
        - cans of light ale
        - bottles of red wine

All this whilst the (RAF) aircraft was still on the ground; having been on the wagon for so long a bunch of pissed-up squaddies kneeling in our seats during take off flicking Vs at Saudi Arabia (and more than one (I was not included) mooning ) was a sight to behold!

Comment

Hog Roast and Pole Dancing.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Don't forget we are still dealing with the villains responsible for the Cargill incursion, we should adopt a zero tolerance policy.

Comment

Can't we just send Shane Richie as an ambassador of goodwill?

Comment

Invite your annoying neighbour round, and execute him.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I would show them the collection of my daughters teddy bears that I have all named Mohammed.
                  Originally posted by cailin maith
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

You could get a game of charades going, then tell them you are going to do some fire-side improvisations - see how quickly they can make the front door

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X