• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Devil worship?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil worship?

Stayed at a large budget hotel last week for a course in London, I booked at the last minute - £100ish per night.

Was surprised to see a large luminous pentagram which was painted on the wall near the door of the room - noticed it on the last night at about 3.30am (nocturnal trip to the bog).

Tried to explain to the guy on the receiption in the morning but it got somewhat lost in translation...

T

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Stayed at a large budget hotel last week for a course in London, I booked at the last minute - £100ish per night.

Was surprised to see a large luminous pentagram which was painted on the wall near the door of the room - noticed it on the last night at about 3.30am (nocturnal trip to the bog).

Tried to explain to the guy on the receiption in the morning but it got somewhat lost in translation...

T
    There can't be many walls in London now that don't have a luminous pentagram painted on them.

You get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
      There can't be many walls in London now that don't have a luminous pentagram painted on them.

You get used to it.
      Fnord.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

What way up was it? The symbol associated with the 'dark arts' is the inverted pentagram (2 points at the top and one at the bottom) . If it was one of those you wouldn't see me for dust. Not that I'm superstitious or anything - just reminds me of some of the prepostrous heavy metal that pals of mine used to listen to back in the day.

Comment

I had this once.

During the night my head spun around six times and thick green gunge projectile vomited across the room.

strong stuff that Old Peculiar

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            It was your backwards spider-crawl down the stairs that confused him.

Comment

Back in India, Pentagram is one of my favourite pop groups:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram_(Indian_band)

Very good group. Very good.

Comment

Have you ever been in a film over here, with a bird called Truly Scrumptious ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Have you ever been in a film over here, with a bird called Truly Scrumptious ?

I do a better cockney accent than Dick Van Dyke thankyou very much.

Comment

When i was in halls at Uni, somebody had done this picture of Hitler on my notice board. It was done by painting in the shaded/dark parts of his face on the white notice board. It looked quite good but seemed a bit odd heading off to the land of Nod under the gaze of one of the biggest mass murderers of all time.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X