• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suspending Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspending Company

Hi,
    As contracts are difficult to get hold at the moment - does anyone know
    whether its possible to 'suspend' one's company - I believe you then don't need
    to pay accountancy fees and at the end of the financial year one informs HMRC that the company has not been trading - you don't need to submit annual accounts. But if, before April you do land a contract then the company can easily be re-activated and an account re-appointed. Does anyone have any experience on the details of this?

Paul

And draw the dole at the same time

Comment

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/abo...ml/gba10.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Paul77 View Post
        Hi,
        As contracts are difficult to get hold at the moment - does anyone know
        whether its possible to 'suspend' one's company - I believe you then don't need
        to pay accountancy fees and at the end of the financial year one informs HMRC that the company has not been trading - you don't need to submit annual accounts. But if, before April you do land a contract then the company can easily be re-activated and an account re-appointed. Does anyone have any experience on the details of this?

Paul

I did this. Speak to your accountant. My fees are 140 quid a year for dormancy, but on the recommendation of my accountant and based on previous experience it is worthwhile remaining VAT registered and keeping your PAYE reference as it saves a lot of hassle once you restart trading. Accounts still need to be filed annually.

Comment

Can you claim the dole ?

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
            Can you claim the dole ?

Yep, but only for six months unless you are destitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Yep, but only for six months unless you are destitute.
              Ah Yes !

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...e-benched.html

Comment

Working...
              X