• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Join the NuLab Stazi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Join the NuLab Stazi

Get £500 to spy on neighbours

SNOOPING residents are being offered rewards of up to £500 to spy on their neighbours.

Taxpayers’ money is being used to pay “covert human intelligence sources” who report bad conduct to authorities.

Anyone who photographs dog fouling, litter being dropped, graffiti crime or fly tipping which result in prosecution will receive a cash reward.

The amount is staggered, according to how far the prosecution is taken.

If a court summons is issued the snooper gets £100. On a conviction he gets £150 and if the offender gets a maximum sentence he receives £500.

The scheme has been given the Big Brother-style motto “See them, report them”.
    Less than a year to go now though ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

On the other hand if someone is fly tipping and you would report them anyway then £500 is a nice bonus.

Comment

Blimey, it makes living in the middle of a housing estate almost worth it.

You'd be in a much bigger cashment area (sic) and if you could bag a 3rd floor flat, just imagine the number of cameras pointing out in all directions you could have !

Then watch the lovely lolly roll in !

Nice one NuLab !

What next ? Gulags for anyone who doesn't agree with the Party Manifesto ???
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        Blimey, it makes living in the middle of a housing estate almost worth it.

You'd be in a much bigger cashment area (sic) and if you could bag a 3rd floor flat, just imagine the number of cameras pointing out in all directions you could have !

Then watch the lovely lolly roll in !

Nice one NuLab !

What next ? Gulags for anyone who doesn't agree with the Party Manifesto ???
        Good plan - then get some bod from India to review the footage each night and copy out the offending frames, email them back and send to the stasi. Boomed.
        Bored.

Comment

You can't win that easily. One man saw a woman allow her dog to foul the pavement, so he decided to shop her, and took a couple of pictures on his mobile phone. When he showed them to the police, they gave him a warning about taking photographs of unknown women in public.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            You can't win that easily. One man saw a woman allow her dog to foul the pavement, so he decided to shop her, and took a couple of pictures on his mobile phone. When he showed them to the police, they gave him a warning about taking photographs of unknown women in public.
            He did stick the phone up her skirt to be fair.

Comment

I had my car rammed by a member of the "travelling community" when I told him I was going to report him to the police for the huge pile of crap he'd just dumped on a grass verge.

Of course the police weren't really interested as they said they'd never be able to track down the vehicle as it was most likely a "pikey pool van" which gets passed between various camps on a regular basis to minimise the likelihood of being picked up by the police.

Wouldn't stop me from picking up the phone should I witness the same thing again though.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                I had my car rammed by a member of the "travelling community" when I told him I was going to report him to the police for the huge pile of crap he'd just dumped on a grass verge.

Of course the police weren't really interested as they said they'd never be able to track down the vehicle as it was most likely a "pikey pool van" which gets passed between various camps on a regular basis to minimise the likelihood of being picked up by the police.

Wouldn't stop me from picking up the phone should I witness the same thing again though.
                Pikey pool van or not, like any pool van the registered keeper is responsible for what it does, unless he can prove otherwise.

The police weren't interested for reasons that say more about the police than about the travellers.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  Pikey pool van or not, like any pool van the registered keeper is responsible for what it does, unless he can prove otherwise.

The police weren't interested for reasons that say more about the police than about the travellers.
                  It didn't have a registered keeper - it was registered as having been scrapped. They did offer to come round and take a statement from me but pointed out that it would take and hour or so and that I'd probably rather be in the pub since it was Saturday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    It didn't have a registered keeper - it was registered as having been scrapped. They did offer to come round and take a statement from me but pointed out that it would take and hour or so and that I'd probably rather be in the pub since it was Saturday evening.
                    We had similar.
                    Gypos surveiling the are by driving up and down back allies in a pick up with a bloke on the back looking over the taller hedges and walls.
                    Neighbour rang the Police to inform them of this suspect activity. He quoted the reg. The guy at th eother end said they would never be able to track it as the reg did not exist.
                    Said neighbour pointed out that should a plod be available he could tell them exactly where to turn up as said gypos were busy helping themselves to some building materials and would be there for at least 20 mins. Apparently all the plod in our area were otherwise occupied.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X