• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmm. Rates seem to have dropped a bit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. Rates seem to have dropped a bit.

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk:80/JobSearch...JobId=44916682

Salary: £26.00 - £26.00 per hour
    Company: Premier Group Recruitment
    Job type: Contract
    Date posted: 27/07/2009 18:22:45

Siebel Developer required by london based government organisation for an immediate contract position.

THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST HAVE HANDS ON DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE WITH SIEBEL.

The Siebel / Workflow Developer will be responsible for the workflow design, specification and development with the Siebel Package. The role will require the successful Siebel Workflow Developer to deliver Functional and technical designs, models, components, code, unit tests and documentation.

The Siebel developer will have 5 years experience, knowledge of workflows, in addition to experience with integration methods and wireless applications.
    What's the rate for a junior developer then?

I was offered £28 an hour last week (senior contract A/P, long list of required skills)

Just seen one on Jobserve for a project manager, £215 a day.

Now where did I put that plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

£25.50.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

I'd be interested to see what the agency is charging and indeed what the consultancy would charge you out at.

26 quid an hour is less than most Indian bodyshoppers will charge for numpties who cant even open the workflow editor.

God, I've been grumbling about a 5% rate cut that would still end up with treble that rate.

Are p**stake rates like this the norm in Britain now?
        Last edited by Rantor; 28 July 2009, 21:52.

Comment

I've got a job in my in-box for an experienced flash developer at 200 pd

I can't believe that this is the going rate as it's not what I do (wrong sort of Flash)

tim

Comment

There's an interim manager gig doing the rounds. To run an "IT business park" and be responsible for the financial performance of the company. Currently here.

I used to see these for £800 to £1,200 per day.

Interim Manager for an IT business park, and the facilities and financial performance of the company.

Your main responsibilities will be ... implementation of existing business development strategies, focussing on growth.

ensure financial and administrative management information is maintained, ... liaising with other business areas to ensure departures from agreed budget are reported. ... review management systems, structures, processes and controls and make recommendations for improvement.

experience of general management, budgeting, and profit and loss accounts, with a good knowledge of financial management techniques and financial procedures.
            In another ad it said there are 25 staff to be managed.

Highlight the text to see the rate: £200 per day.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Royal Mail for me once this gigs over.

Few hours a day, keep the coffers ticking over, play a bit of golf
              until things buck up !

Comment

I'm down 20% with this gig - but at least I have a gig.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                  I've got a job in my in-box for an experienced flash developer at 200 pd
                  Flash developers are cheap though, AFAIK... it's the kind of skill many teach themselves and use to hack about. Like VB

Flex on the other hand, which I luckily fell into, is much more valuable.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

why should you be paid £500/day when equally skilled and more motivated people in other nations would work for a small fraction of that?

Comment

Working...
                    X