• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anybody know who voted for them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and why wasn't there an AndyW option?

"The Labour Party under Tony Blair won its third consecutive victory"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_2005

"Does anybody know who voted for them"

I've often wondered about this. Nobdody admits to ever voting for them. Labour got less votes than in 1979 when they were kicked out.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      "Does anybody know who voted for them"

I've often wondered about this. Nobdody admits to ever voting for them. Labour got less votes than in 1979 when they were kicked out.
      Nobody you know. So Labour in 2005 got fewer votes than Labour in 1979, when they lost. And the Tories got even less?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Nobody you know. So Labour in 2005 got fewer votes than Labour in 1979, when they lost. And the Tories got even less?
        Less people voted because they realised that voting for politicians only encourages them, and lots of tory voters were too busy packing
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          Less people voted because they realised that voting for politicians only encourages them, and lots of tory voters were too busy packing
          About 400,000 people leave the UK every year. I suspect a lot of them were Tory voters sick to death of living here and not being able to change the government.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            About 400,000 people leave the UK every year. I suspect a lot of them were Tory voters sick to death of living here and not being able to change the government.

cue cyberdork....
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              cue cyberdork....
              Hang on I'll just login...

Comment

I'm Spartacus

no, I didn't vote for them. I hope the people who did are happy with the health service and pandemic support put in place by Alan Johnston. Bonus schemes to hospital managers for "achieving 95% occupancy" in Acute Medical Beds. I.e. when the pandemic hits, the house is full already. Who in their right mind could treat hospital facilities like Ryanair plane seats, where higher occupancy is better?

Postman, union leader, health secretary, home secretary. Nice career progression. Don't wish for Brown to stand down immediately, you'd get Johnston as the next unelected PM.
                Last edited by expat; 28 July 2009, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Sounds about right, only supporters of democracy if they get the result they want. Good riddance and good luck with going anywhere they think will be much different. I voted Labour in 1997 - no sane person could think Major and his sleazy discredited tax increasing regime deserved another shot. Fast forward to now and Gordo is just as bad - I voted Lib Dem in 05 and we got a Tory MP to replace our Labour one, and now the Tories are promising to scrap ID cards (in spite of being in favour in the past) I am voting Tory next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Sounds about right, only supporters of democracy if they get the result they want. Good riddance and good luck with going anywhere they think will be much different. I voted Labour in 1997 - no sane person could think Major and his sleazy discredited tax increasing regime deserved another shot. Fast forward to now and Gordo is just as bad - I voted Lib Dem in 05 and we got a Tory MP to replace our Labour one, and now the Tories are promising to scrap ID cards (in spite of being in favour in the past) I am voting Tory next time.
                    ...bit of a bugger that you helped vote in a bunch that makes major look like an amateur then, isn't it? Did you honestly think it would be any different???

Comment

Working...
                    X