• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange GPRS charge on orange PAYG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange GPRS charge on orange PAYG

Does anyone else have this problem?

I never use web browsing on my PAYG phone, yet I have charges showing for

GPRS ap-prepaidsessio 30.0kb £0.12
    Sometimes I get notifications to download some rubbish jpg or something - no idea where these are coming from - are these likely to be costing me, even though I reject the download?

But the dates on the charge don't seem to correspond with these that I can remember.

Or maybe its the phone checking for updates - it seems to do that once in a while, but not as often as the strange charges appear on the bill.

oh well, probably just one of those annoying things, I'm too busy to call up Orange and pay them 20p they will charge to ask them about it, I might mention it next time I have to ask for a VAT invoice for the top-ups which they have to be prompted time and time again to send me.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem?

I never use web browsing on my PAYG phone, yet I have charges showing for

Sometimes I get notifications to download some rubbish jpg or something - no idea where these are coming from - are these likely to be costing me, even though I reject the download?

But the dates on the charge don't seem to correspond with these that I can remember.

Or maybe its the phone checking for updates - it seems to do that once in a while, but not as often as the strange charges appear on the bill.

oh well, probably just one of those annoying things, I'm too busy to call up Orange and pay them 20p they will charge to ask them about it, I might mention it next time I have to ask for a VAT invoice for the top-ups which they have to be prompted time and time again to send me.
    My missus has been getting text and answer phone messages on her Orange PAYG phone but when she checks, there's nothing there. Been going on for the last 2 days she says!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

MMS Picture Messages?

They show up as GPRS data on my vodfone bill.....
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        MMS Picture Messages?

They show up as GPRS data on my vodfone bill.....
        I very rarely send them - they cost more than 12p when I do!

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          I never use web browsing on my PAYG phone, yet I have charges showing for .....
          Is that what you told your wife? Why not just admit you were downloading p0rn?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Is that what you told your wife? Why not just admit you were downloading p0rn?
            what kind of pr0n does one get in 30Kb?

I'll probably regret asking...

Comment

Working...
            X