• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Military types

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military types

Love them or hate them, which one are you… poll to follow
    Love them
    36.36%
    Hate them
    22.73%
    Compulsory AndyW option
    40.91%

This poll was sparked by a conversation had with some Americans, the Americans think its absolute treason to even think the military types are anything than holier than holy!!

Comment

It depends if they've left it behind them or not, I've worked with some great guys who've managed to adjust to life outside of the forces.

I've also worked with a guy who referred to me as 'the civvy' amongst fellow ex servicemen... he was a tosser.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You want your fighting men to be the most evil, vicious, murdrous, efficient, all-time b@stard killing machines, that the world has ever seen.

that way, our casualties are low - theirs are high

then we want these murderers to have a switch. When they re enter society, we want them to become civilised heroes.

then we wonder why they get so fcked up in the head.

I am a civilised hero. anyone who disagrees can collect their bollocks in a bag on the way out. thank you.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          You want your fighting men to be the most evil, vicious, murdrous, efficient, all-time b@stard killing machines, that the world has ever seen.

that way, our casualties are low - theirs are high

then we want these murderers to have a switch. When they re enter society, we want them to become civilised heroes.

then we wonder why they get so fcked up in the head.

I am a civilised hero. anyone who disagrees can collect their bollocks in a bag on the way out. thank you.

good point

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
            This poll was sparked by a conversation had with some Americans, the Americans think its absolute treason to even think the military types are anything than holier than holy!!
            That is utter tripe. Try saying the second half of your sentence to the thousands of US servicemen who were spat at when they returned from vietnam...and even now they are despised by many.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't love them but I do respect them.

I live not too far (Headley) from where the injured soldiers come back to be rehabilitated and most of the community are glad to help. They were sent there in our name. If you don't like it blame the people who sent them there.

Comment

I've worked with many ex and serving military types for years (all 3 services) they have a slightly different mindset, but once you understand that they're generally spot on. Yes I've met the odd total tosser, but that's inevitable in any environment and less common with the military people than with those I met in Finance.

Comment

I grew up in an area where they were shot at when they entered my street. Time to move on though.

Comment

They are great on the battlefield : not so sure they should be allowed elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X