• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got away with it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got away with it

Have just started a cracking contract and have been blagging it. Am working in a small team and have been making a few mistakes, luckily there's another contractor here who seems completely wet behind the ears. Whenever I / our team made a mistake he took the flak rather than getting his head down and blaming on the tools, the system, the usual. The ozzy numpty even took me for coffee asking what was the problem??

I did the usual trick of saying nothing but realising my cover might be blown I went to the PM's boss, why to go the boss when you can go higher eh? I bought him a beer after work and talked about the difficulties of the project, the fact ozzy coffee guy is a bit sh!t, the usual stuff.

I've now been cramming hard and think I now know the ropes and even better, numpty ozzy guy quit which is just as well, there was talk of giving him the boot, now the project is plain sailing and any bugs we come across in my code can be attributed to him in the future.. winner

Contracting, every little helps eh? He who dares rodders..

thanks for listening..

Ahem http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/45056-having-work-numpty.htm
    Last edited by chef; 29 July 2009, 06:43.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

You are an evil, devious, backstabbing turd.

makes me proud to be a contractor. well done.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Have just started a cracking contract and have been blagging it. Am working in a small team and have been making a few mistakes, luckily there's another contractor here who seems completely wet behind the ears. Whenever I / our team made a mistake he took the flak rather than getting his head down and blaming on the tools, the system, the usual. The ozzy numpty even took me for coffee asking what was the problem??

I did the usual trick of saying nothing but realising my cover might be blown I went to the PM's boss, why to go the boss when you can go higher eh? I bought him a beer after work and talked about the difficulties of the project, the fact ozzy coffee guy is a bit sh!t, the usual stuff.

I've now been cramming hard and think I now know the ropes and even better, numpty ozzy guy quit which is just as well, there was talk of giving him the boot, now the project is plain sailing and any bugs we come across in my code can be attributed to him in the future.. winner

thanks for listening..

Don't you ever have any moral qualms about your actions ?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
        Don't you ever have any moral qualms about your actions ?
        woosh http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/45056-having-work-numpty.htm

Comment

This time next year we'll be millionaires. Magnifik.
          Bored.

Comment

LOOK AT THE HIDDEN TEXT !!!!!!

I have no idea what you mean

Comment

thanks for listening..

Hey, well done you.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

woosh http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/45056-having-work-numpty.htm
                I got it.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  I got it.
                  I'm reeling them in today

Comment

I'm reeling them in today
                    You know you want it
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...