• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian Outsourcing on front page of The Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Outsourcing on front page of The Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6731114.ece

Funny how it's only front page news when the civil service "workers" are affected.

Still, good news government hypocrisy and lies are being exposed.

In fact now I've actually read what they're about
    http://www.britishcouncil.org/new/
    why don't they just disband the whole pointless organisation rather than pay foreign workers with taxpayers' money?
    Last edited by GreenerGrass; 29 July 2009, 07:50.

What

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6731114.ece

Funny how it's only front page news when the civil service "workers" are affected.

Still, good news government hypocrisy and lies are being exposed.

In fact now I've actually read what they're about
    http://www.britishcouncil.org/new/
    why don't they just disband the whole pointless organisation rather than pay foreign workers?
    What hypocrisy? They are cutting the costs of public services with innovative measures to maintain the current level of service.

Everybody is screaming for a reduction of public spending so where labour cost can be reduced they are taking the opportunity to make a saving by outsourcing.

Thats what they are going to say anyway.

So essentially a portion of our tax will be going to increase the GDP and employment of another country when GDP is falling here and unemployment is rising?

Its makes perfect sense to me. Cannot see why you have a a problem with it.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Whaaar ha ha ha

... and then

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/j...soft-jobs.html

"A billion pounds is to be spent on creating tens of thousands of "soft" public sector jobs for unemployed people including dance assistants, tourism ambassadors and solar panel engineers. "

So we outsource key skills and create a nation of pilates instructors,

I give up .... really you cannot make this tulip up.
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
        What hypocrisy? They are cutting the costs of public services with innovative measures to maintain the current level of service.

Everybody is screaming for a reduction of public spending so where labour cost can be reduced they are taking the opportunity to make a saving by outsourcing.

Thats what they are going to say anyway.

So essentially a portion of our tax will be going to increase the GDP and employment of another country when GDP is falling here and unemployment is rising?

Its makes perfect sense to me. Cannot see why you have a a problem with it.
        They are a total waste of space and should be disbanded immediately. That would save money. Millions more uncivil unservants could go and it would make life better not worse.

Where is Maggie when you need her?

Comment

Christ, they don't give Bob much desk space.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
            ... and then

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/j...soft-jobs.html

"A billion pounds is to be spent on creating tens of thousands of "soft" public sector jobs for unemployed people including dance assistants, tourism ambassadors and solar panel engineers. "

So we outsource key skills and create a nation of pilates instructors,

I give up .... really you cannot make this tulip up.
            The working class will consider being a dance assistant beneath them and still not take up these jobs. So the money will be "saved".
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              The working class will consider being a dance assistant beneath them and still not take up these jobs. So the money will be "saved".
              What for 50k a year, retire at 60 with a goldplate pension for doing practically no work at all?
              If I lived in uk i'd be applying....
              when they get 51% of the population dependant on the state.......
              Bored.

Comment

India is a dump, look at the place. Dodgy wiring on their electrical grid, shoddily maintained trains which people hang onto. When they populate an area of London it becomes a dump, Southall anyone?

Now that they have acquired the white mans knowledge why don't they fix their country, to prove they can sort a country out for themselves, instead of playing dress-up in England?

I mean when they came over they bought curry with them, so fair enough. We have the recipe now, they can go back.
                You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Dance is my life.

Comment

I outsource work to India. I couldn't be happier with the results.
                    My brief is to get the best possible value out of my budget and this I do.
                    Problem is I would prefer someone local, but the salary demanded cannot be justified in terms of value added.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X