• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moaning jealous contractors (rant)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moaning jealous contractors (rant)

Ok the construction firm I work for has put a few people on notice due to the downturn, but we have this one contractor PM who was happy charging x3 the rate of a permie, coming in late, leaving early & bragging about his evident god like status to have his cake & eat it, saying that any permie is a muppet who has no motivation to improve his / her career prospects. Now his contract has been terminated he is claiming that he has more right to staying on than the permies & that the company is being unfair and where is the loyalty he showed the company?

FFS Contractors if you choose that life you take the ups & downs and stop whinging

Feeling better now
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Ok the construction firm I work for has put a few people on notice due to the downturn, but we have this one contractor PM who was happy charging x3 the rate of a permie, coming in late, leaving early & bragging about his evident god like status to have his cake & eat it, saying that any permie is a muppet who has no motivation to improve his / her career prospects. Now his contract has been terminated he is claiming that he has more right to staying on than the permies & that the company is being unfair and where is the loyalty he showed the company?

FFS Contractors if you choose that life you take the ups & downs and stop whinging

Feeling better now
    He is right, you are a permie muppet. You are still unaware of 'the Matrix' of permiedom. You are loyal to your 'company' you have performance 1 to 1's, go to company drinks evenings and summer parties. You just, really, don't get it.

Maybe one day you'll get burnt and grow a pair of testicles. I doubt it though.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      Somehow I dont think BGG would approve of testicles

Sorry did not make that last bit clear - the contractor was claiming he had showed loyalty to the company
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

He is right, you are a permie muppet. You are still unaware of 'the Matrix' of permiedom. You are loyal to your 'company' you have performance 1 to 1's, go to company drinks evenings and summer parties. You just, really, don't get it.

I sure medical science would be interested if she did!

Personally going on the post I feel the rant is justified and anyway I've got a soft spot for Halo Jones - she was my fav in 2000AD
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          she was my fav in 2000AD
          Was a good song buy Tranvison Vamp too

& yes we still get 2000AD
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I sure medical science would be interested if she did!

Personally going on the post I feel the rant is justified and anyway I've got a soft spot for Halo Jones - she was my fav in 2000AD

She was good - what about Rouge Trooper ?

Comment

ah rouge trooper the slightly queer master infantry soldier.

Comment

Load of rubbish. Lots of people like the idea of working in 'the team' just like they want to be in a sports team/society. Not everyone is a loner, after all you spend more time with your colleagues than your family.

I don't like permiedom either, but then I don't like people much
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I don't like permiedom either, but then I don't like people much
                  will you be my friend
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Feeling better now

try Permy UK Bulletin Board
                    http://forums.moaningpermy.uk.com/forums/whinging

Comment

Working...
                    X