• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I think there's no real newbies...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I think there's no real newbies...

If any of these dozens of new arrivals were real newbies, surely they would have posted the classic, definitive, unmistakeable newbie post? The ultimate marker of the new arrival, a sign I have not seen for some months.

Specifically:

Hey, has anyone noticed the smiley has a spelling mistake? lol.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    If any of these dozens of new arrivals were real newbies, surely they would have posted the classic, definitive, unmistakeable newbie post? The ultimate marker of the new arrival, a sign I have not seen for some months.

Specifically:

Fail.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      Fail.
      This one is deffo a sock-puppet. And a dull one at that.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

10-15 years ago there was always someone younger and smarter coming along to make me raise my game. This has happened less and less over the past few years. My conclusion is; there are no new, smart people (from this country) going into IT.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          10-15 years ago there was always someone younger and smarter coming along to make me raise my game. This has happened less and less over the past few years.
          Willy.

There's a little blue pill for that, mate.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            This one is deffo a sock-puppet. And a dull one at that.
            I <choke> agree with SAS

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              10-15 years ago there was always someone younger and smarter coming along to make me raise my game. This has happened less and less over the past few years. My conclusion is; there are no new, smart people (from this country) going into IT.

Plenty of smart ones leaving IT though.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Originally posted by chetty View Post
                I thinks it's funny that you Britishers criticize us Indians for our spelling when your very own Spelling smiley is spelled incorrectly. Very funny indeed!
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X