• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LASIK - Corrective eye surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LASIK - Corrective eye surgery

Last time looked at corrective eye surgery (about 10 years ago) they were saying could only get one eye done at time and that you could only minimally work with monitor screens for about the next 4 days (which basically meant about 2 weeks off work for me) , which put me off it

Now they say can get both eyes done at same time and that eyes should be normal with 48 hours, so was wondering if anyone here (assume many spend most of their day looking at screens) has had it recently and how true they found this to be or if they encountered any other issues?

A few of my friends have had it done. Most were fine, but one bloke gets really bad glare at night when driving.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I went, but they told me, my problem was not suitable Lasik
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I also know a person who can't drive at night due to strange glary patterns from street lights and headlights.

No thanks.

Comment

Depends whether you have LASIK or LASEK, how much tissue is removed and on your own healing response. Most people are functional next day after LASIK, but with the surface techniques it can take a few days and your final prescription may take months to fully settle in either case.

Bear in mind if you're over 40 and having your myopia treated, you may be trading one set of glasses for another.

Comment

Feck that, looking like a goggly eyed geek is what gets me gigs... how else can the HR people judge my suitability?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

My wife had femtolasik (sp?) two years ago. Both eyes at the same time. Was in a darkened room for the afternoon. Out and about the next day, though her eyes were a rather sore for a few days.

Still gets glare/halos at night, but not so bad as to prevent her from driving. No way am I ever getting it done. The way I look at it - no pain, no pain.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                flip that, looking like a goggly eyed geek is what gets me gigs... how else can the HR people judge my suitability?

I don't have goggls how did I get this role
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

I don't have goggls how did I get this role
                  You're female - a shoe-in!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    flip that, looking like a goggly eyed geek is what gets me gigs... how else can the HR people judge my suitability?
                    True. It's a well known fact that intelligent people wear glasses, and being short-sighted proves that you have ruined your eyesight by doing to much close work.

Comment

Working...
                    X