• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be careful with your dongle.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful with your dongle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-too-much.html

Customers with "dongles" from O2 who download an extra 1GB of data beyond the amount included with their contract risk incurring a charge of £200, said moneysupermarket.com, the price comparison service.

Fook that!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-too-much.html

Customers with "dongles" from O2 who download an extra 1GB of data beyond the amount included with their contract risk incurring a charge of £200, said moneysupermarket.com, the price comparison service.

Fook that!
    O2 and 3 both sent a text to alert the user when the limit was reached, it added.
    Three certainly didn't send me a text when I hit my data limit yesterday.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Maybe an urban myth, but I heard about a guy who got surcharged over a grand after spending 2 days downloading a bootleg movie.
      Last edited by Turion; 29 July 2009, 19:15. Reason: should've gone to blockbusters

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Maybe an urban myth, but I heard about a guy who got surcharged over a grand after spending 2 days downloading a bootleg movie.
        I thought some chap got charged 5k for downloading an episode of 24 while abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I thought some chap got charged 5k for downloading an episode of 24 while abroad.
          Downloading abroad is another matter. Without a decent roaming contract it is a license to bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            Downloading abroad is another matter. Without a decent roaming contract it is a license to bankruptcy.
            They had a 3GB limit. Claimed they wre not told it was only for the UK.

Comment

Working...
            X