• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice periods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice periods

I am right in the middle of writing a web service that abstracts a f******g awful database. I have a good knowledge of the database (which I have documented for clientco) and am 80% of the way through writing the new SOA abstraction layer they have asked for.

And they just canned me. Weeks notice (lack of revenue). The programmer I am helping is a lass, from Scouseland who is a really lovely lady. She just confided she has split from her long term boyfriend and is really upset. I really feel for her as she is such a genuinely lovely person. I am (for the record) happily married with 3 kids, but to take the usual demob happy approach seems wrong to me. I want to get as much done before I leave. Seeing as I am part way through the development it makes more sense to just carry on, and hand over on Monday.

Who would just loaf?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I am right in the middle of writing a web service that abstracts a f******g awful database. I have a good knowledge of the database (which I have documented for clientco) and am 80% of the way through writing the new SOA abstraction layer they have asked for.

And they just canned me. Weeks notice (lack of revenue). The programmer I am helping is a lass, from Scouseland who is a really lovely lady. She just confided she has split from her long term boyfriend and is really upset. I really feel for her as she is such a genuinely lovely person. I am (for the record) happily married with 3 kids, but to take the usual demob happy approach seems wrong to me. I want to get as much done before I leave. Seeing as I am part way through the development it makes more sense to just carry on, and hand over on Monday.

Who would just loaf?
    just keep posting on CUK
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Personally, I'd be more bored in an office if I wasn't working.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        just keep posting on CUK
        really? She has massive Iamapratts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Personally, I'd be more bored in an office if I wasn't working.
          Sure, but you can be "documenting" rather than coding. "Documenting" is loafing in this instance.

Comment

Bring in doughnuts, work at a casual but reasonably productive pace?

Comment

Bring in doughnuts, work at a casual but reasonably productive pace?
              sorted. I can also bring in last nights home made curry (courtesy of wobbegong's recipe)

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                they just canned me.

The programmer I am helping is a lass, from Scouseland who is a really lovely lady. She just confided she has split from her long term boyfriend and is really upset.

I really feel for her as she is such a genuinely lovely person.
                Warning! Warning, Will Robinson!

Decide, fast, and be prepared. Shag her and scarper or push her away? Your decision. She's going to make a move and probably Friday lunchtime when you've had a drink.

Am I right you are staying away from home at the moment and pining for your number 2 son? Feeling lonely?

Depending on your personality you're either vulnerable or in luck.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm not sure that will get you far in the flirting stakes, unless she's a 'proper' lass.

Comment

I'm not sure that will get you far in the flirting stakes, unless she's a 'proper' lass.
                    MMMmmmmmm. Praps I didn't make myself clear. She is a nice lass, so will have to pick up the pieces once I am gone. I have the power to make her job a bit easier by not loafing. I am happily married.

I repeat.

I am happily married.

Comment

Working...
                    X