• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV advice

Just applied for a gig that wants C and C++ experience. I haven't done it in years officially, but have been working on a project (my plan b) which is entirely written in C and C++. The stupid pimp is refusing to submit my CV as I don't have any recent experience in a role using these skills.

I wrote a nice covering email detailing what I have been working on, when and what areas of each I have been using. This was at his request. He now says I may not make the shortlist.

Advice please?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Rewrite CV to show the skill better and submit via another agency

Nothing you can do with current one

Comment

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/refere...ployeeref2.htm

Just do a bit of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V and get a mate to call himself your collaborator.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Update your CV to show the relevant experience while working for YourCo on this little project - end client has no idea who Yourco is and nor does pimp.. Job done..

Failing that, just lie like everyone else..
        The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
          Rewrite CV to show the skill better and submit via another agency

Nothing you can do with current one
          You'll find a lot of this about. tbf, a lot the agents won't know jack-pooh about what you're trying to describe, so they'll just choose a couple of cvs out of the other 200 applicants.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            You'll find a lot of this about. tbf, a lot the agents won't know jack-pooh about what you're trying to describe, so they'll just choose a couple of cvs out of the other 200 applicants.
            They use a keyword search tool and hence choose the guy with the most lies on his CV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              They use a keyword search tool and hence choose the guy with the most lies on his CV.
              Originally posted by The pimps email
              My Account Manager has spoken with XXXXX and explained the situation and they have come back to us and told us that unfortunately they are looking for the experience on a commercial level, which I can understand may not seem reasonable but unfortunately with the current climate it is a very client driven market and they are being very specific with their requirements. I’ll happily keep you in mind for any other suitable roles that may arise.
              Their loss. Tossers.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Their loss. Tossers.
                WHS.

But in this market, you have to fit the role like an undersized condom.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  WHS.

But in this market, you have to fit the role like an undersized condom.
                  I bet this chap's doing OK then. (perhaps a bit nsfw)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I bet this chap's doing OK then. (perhaps a bit nsfw)
                    Where was that taken Mich?

Comment

Working...
                    X