• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RDF Resources

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDF Resources

Has anyone ever dealt with this agency? I've just been notified about a role and I am a bit concerned about the following:

They said the client name couldn't be disclosed for security reasons
    It is a new client for them
    They have exclusive representation rights.

To me none of this adds up. The name RDF also rings alarm bells too. I'm sure I've heard of them on discussion forums before but were widely criticised.

Am I right to be concerned?

Put it this way, if the job is real how would the client actually expect anyone to go for it if they witheld their name!

Comment

The company that has recently publisized on the net is JDF Management, all in all it is whether they are solvent enough to ensure that you get paid, spend a couple of quid on getting them checked out. Dont just risk it

Comment

Insist on weekly payment - none of the Alexander Mann 'you work for a month, then you invoice, and 3 days later we get round to pressing a button on a computer.. and eventually 30 days later we pay you, even though the end client has already client paid us ages ago.'

Progressive used to be spot on with payments - run payroll twice weekly, for example - I sumbmitted an invoice by fax on the friday, I had the money the next wednesday. Dont know if they still work that way. Anyone know who pays weekly these days versus monthly - with a delay to earn interest on OUR money?

Scumbags.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I had a contract last year with Pathway-IT and they paid me weekly
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Weekly!? You lucky, lucky b@rstards!!

I'm in deal direct land where it's 90 days, take it or leave it...

Comment

Leave it.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

My first contract was direct with an ex employer... fixed price for 3 months... 25% payable in the first two months, 50% in the final month, 14 day terms.

That was my contract with them, signed by myself and the IT Director and Purchasing Director.

I got to the last day of the 3 months, hadnt been paid a penny, and the tw@t of a Development Minger had the nerve to threaten me as I refused to handover any documentation until I was paid. Id completed the system as specified, and had a signature from the Electronic Publishing Director as signoff.

They threatened legal action, I had the pleasure of saying 'youre in breach of contract.. talk to my legal representative' which happened to be an old schoolfriend who worked for the estimable company of Slaughter & May .. he he he

I got paid. They got 16 pages of documentation to describe a system that published the Acts of Parliament and Statutory Instruments for the Government.

Scumbags.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Thanks for all your responses guys. I did a bit of searching around on contractor sites and discovered that RDF were part of Eurolink (who were owned by the same guy who ran Aristotle agency that ripped off a load of contractors a while back.

Although, RDF claim they've disassociated themselves with their former company, there are far too many contractors who still claim they wouldn't deal with RDF either.

To be on the safe side, I'm leaving well alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X