• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS again

Been over this a while ago, but again - lots of NHS contracts "you must have NHS experience or we will delete your CV"..

So lets imagine the scenario - years from now there is 1 guy left who holds all knowledge, with 100 agents calling him daily offering him more and more money until he is the richest guy in IT as he's the only person who can tick the interview box.

Are there any agents on here who can shed some light on the reason why they operate this way? What is so special about the NHS that they keep their doors firmly closed and offer all work as contract work to bypass employment laws?

It's even more annoying as a taxpayer knowing my taxes pay over the odds to employ someone on above market rates for this reason.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Why not 'doctor' your CV?

Add in a 12 month contract 2005-2006....

Find a PCT a distance away.... Exeter / Antrim

Will anyone check?

If they do - tough, exit stage left.

If they don't - quids in.

Either way you lose nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Been over this a while ago, but again - lots of NHS contracts "you must have NHS experience or we will delete your CV"..

So lets imagine the scenario - years from now there is 1 guy left who holds all knowledge, with 100 agents calling him daily offering him more and more money until he is the richest guy in IT as he's the only person who can tick the interview box.

Are there any agents on here who can shed some light on the reason why they operate this way? What is so special about the NHS that they keep their doors firmly closed and offer all work as contract work to bypass employment laws?

It's even more annoying as a taxpayer knowing my taxes pay over the odds to employ someone on above market rates for this reason.
      And having NHS experience, that's how I feel about all those IB's and banks that insist on financial experience.

Open up the financials market for me, and I'll see what I can do about the NHS market

Comment

NHS Experience

Spent 8 hours in casualty with one of my boys on Sunday.

Do you think that counts?

Comment

Originally posted by MonzaMike View Post
          Spent 8 hours in casualty with one of my boys on Sunday.

Do you think that counts?
          You should have used your ROS

Comment

Roll Of Sellotape?
            Best leave it to the professionals.

Comment

You don't want to work for them anyway - the managers are just a bunch of back stabbing winging *****.

Comment

Funny, a mate of mine has just taken a permie job in a hospital, he says the place is crawling with IT and process consultants who do not have a CLUE what they are dealing with!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Just finished one a couple of months back in surrey and the level of skill there was a complete joke i went in as a rollout engineer and ended up as a systems manager for a bespoke imaging/case management software i hadn't seen before arriving there because the guys who had been there 2yrs+ didn't have a clue.

But if you want a cushy number NHS is the way to go, there is absolutely no rush for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    Funny, a mate of mine has just taken a permie job in a hospital, he says the place is crawling with IT and process consultants who do not have a CLUE what they are dealing with!
                    Which is it though, is it that they don't know IT, or don't know hospitals? Surely there's a guy who sits in the middle (BA) and is able to translate between the two systems into functional requirements?
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X