• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Bobby Robson - RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Bobby Robson - RIP

Sad news coming out this morning about Sir Bobby, legend in footballing terms, will be sadly missed. Very pleasing to see that he made it to his charity game last weeked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8177945.stm

Great chap, true gent.

RIP

Comment

A great shame
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

That's pretty sad. Gone to the great football pitch in the sky errrr where they use angels harps for goal posts etc.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Its a great pity. I hope the papers feel guilty about hounding him. May he RIP.

Comment

Very sad to hear he finally lost his long battle with cancer. RIP.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Good old fashioned gentlemen. Not many around anymore.
              Always liked him.
              He was my favourite manager.
              Never had a bad thing to say about anyone and never made excuses for a loss.
              RIP

Comment

Died far too young. A true icon who I followed to World Cup 1990. RIP Sir Bobby.

Comment

Just seen the news now - England's best manager IMO. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Its a great pity. I hope the papers feel guilty about hounding him. May he RIP.

So you remember that also. I stopped reading the Daily Express after almost 20 years when they denigrated in the most awful way what I considered to be one of the great football personalities of that time. It was the final straw for me. We need to treat characters like Sir Bobby with the utmost respect because they are so rare and precious. RIP Sir Bobby.

Comment

Working...
                    X