• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rejected; no experience at clientco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected; no experience at clientco

Just heard from agent that I’ve been rejected for a role on the grounds of not having prior experience at the specific client company. I fulfilled all requirements, and this experience wasn’t even asked for.

Now then, let me just see if I understand this correctly; big corporation buggers up everything it does for years and ends up needing to be bought out by the government to survive. Next step; sack a load of people. Next step; re-hire the old lot giving no consideration to those who might bring in alternative ideas from successful businesses.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

That means it wasn't really a requirement. One of their regulars probably just became available and they went with the devil they knew.

Comment

so why did they waste their time interviewing you? what tulipe
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        so why did they waste their time interviewing you? what tulipe
        That was another role. I have 2nd interview on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          That means it wasn't really a requirement. One of their regulars probably just became available and they went with the devil they knew.
          I had that with one of BT's spinoffs. It was a good rate and a 10 minute bus ride from home for me, but they brought in a team from 200 miles away, with the very same excuse.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            That was another role. I have 2nd interview on monday.
            interesting then that you got feedback at all, most times these days you only hear from the agent if you get an interview.
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              interesting then that you got feedback at all, most times these days you only hear from the agent if you get an interview.
              Yep; agent has an automated 'marketplace' on their website where they respond with nonsensical rejections like 'candidate lives outside of 50km radius of clientco; rejected on carbon footprint grounds'.

Comment

Must of been RBS. They're hiring like mad.

Comment

Yep; agent has an automated 'marketplace' on their website where they respond with nonsensical rejections like 'candidate lives outside of 50km radius of clientco; rejected on carbon footprint grounds'.

Cracked me up.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Clienco rejected by candidate for being 'smug, lying gits'
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X