• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shouldn't we have the ability to edit thread titles?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't we have the ability to edit thread titles?

Grammatical and syntactical errors in thread titles look so unprofessional.

Edit: Looks as though we can. Hmm.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 31 July 2009, 16:51.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Grammatical and syntactical errors in thread titles look so unprofessional.
    Then take care to get it right in the first place!!

Its a bit like the safest car being one with a big spike sticking out of steering wheel. You are going to make damned sure you don't crash it.

Comment

Yeh. It would be good to be able to remove all the stupid questions I put in technical just before the totally obvious answer occurs to me. On the other hand, I suspect that is the magic behind that happening.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Edit: Looks as though we can. Hmm.
        Does that not mean that sasguru has complete control to modify the test please delete thread title?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Does that not mean that sasguru has complete control to modify the test please delete thread title?
          I don't think he'd do it, that thread is part of CUK history now
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I believe there's a time limit on it. Once the timer expires the title is cast in stone (unless you ask the mods nicely).
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

So how do you edit it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So how do you edit it?
                Edit the first post in a thread that you have created and you can edit the title.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Edit the first post in a thread that you have created and you can edit the title.
                  It doesn't work on a thread I created 2 days ago. Is that beyond the time limit? Or maybe the mods hate me and have taken away my privelidges. Or maybe I am stupid......

Comment

I was able to edit the thread title for a few minutes after creating the thread. I could not delete it however. Now if sasguru has the tpd-delete option , he would be godlike, but that would be too much power for any mere mortal to possess.

Comment

Working...
                    X