• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aprox 1k per day on Public sector role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprox 1k per day on Public sector role

Nice work if you can get it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-000-year.html

Damn just realised, only about 250 working days per year, bugger is earning around 1400 per day *cries*
    Last edited by Not So Wise; 1 August 2009, 16:27.

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
    Nice work if you can get it

Damn just realised, only about 250 working days per year, bugger is earning around 1400 per day *cries*
    Hopefully he will remove the rest of us from Hector's radar
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I have met a IT infrastructure civil servant earning a grand a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
        From reading the article it looks like the agency is charging £1,400 per day for him. That is no more than I would expect for a senior consultant in London.

Getting the flights to and from Scotland and London accomodation paid for by the client does strike me as beyond the pale though.

Comment

Good luck to em....

Gives me something to aspire to...

T

Comment

He's a CIO, an IT Director. He is not just 'an IT manager'. If he is an interim, £1,000 per day is cheap. The Daily Wail would then just multiply that by 365 for the sake of the story.

If he is working for a consultancy and they have placed him, they could be charging nearer £2k per day.

I suspect the "£350,000" is what the agency is being paid + expenses.

I don't think that is unreasonable.

Alternatively, he is an SCS, a Senior Civil Servant. In that case most of his £350k will be bonus-based and he'll be out on his ear if the agency does not perform.

More worrying is the average salary there: £71,250.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              He's a CIO, an IT Director. He is not just 'an IT manager'. If he is an interim, £1,000 per day is cheap. The Daily Wail would then just multiply that by 365 for the sake of the story.

If he is working for a consultancy and they have placed him, they could be charging nearer £2k per day.

I suspect the "£350,000" is what the agency is being paid + expenses.

I don't think that is unreasonable.

Alternatively, he is an SCS, a Senior Civil Servant. In that case most of his £350k will be bonus-based and he'll be out on his ear if the agency does not perform.

More worrying is the average salary there: £71,250.
              I was more perturbed at not seeing "This would never have happened under the tories" in the comments section. Cyberman is slacking.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I was more perturbed at not seeing "This would never have happened under the tories" in the comments section. Cyberman is slacking.
                I went and checked his membership page to see if he has not been around for a few days and saw:

Figures!
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X