• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorists again!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrorists again!!!

These terrorists. Now they want to attack our cousins in Oz? Can't they take a hint. We are not afraid, we will not be cowed. We will hunt you down like a cornered fox. The caliphate will never happen.

Raids foil terrorist attack: police chiefs

ABC News Online

The police chiefs of New South Wales and Victoria say overnight raids have foiled a terrorist plot.

Sixteen people have been arrested in raids conducted by more than 400 police on a number of suburbs in Sydney and Melbourne.

New South Wales Police Commissioner Ken Moroney says a terrorist attack has been foiled.

"I am satisfied that we have disrupted what I would regard as the final stages of a terrorist attack or the launch of a terrorist attack in Australia," he said.

"We will continue our investigations both at a Commonwealth and state level to identify those that may be related to those persons now under investigation."

Victoria's Police Commissioner, Christine Nixon, agrees that police have prevented a major terrorist attack from occurring.

"We believe that they were planning an operation," she said.

"We weren't exactly sure when nor, more importantly, what they planned to damage or do harm to.

"[But] it was a point where, when we had sufficient evidence, we were able then to move."

Commissioner Nixon says the threat was not against the Commonwealth Games.

"The matters we are talking to them about are not related to the Commonwealth Games," she said.

"We have been aware of these issues for a long period of time ... it's been taken into account in our planning for the Commonwealth Games.

"The community knows that both resources at state level and federal level are working to ensure we have the safest Games."

Amended laws

Commissioner Nixon says some of the charges laid against those arrested in the raids have been made possible by a change to existing anti-terrorism laws that was rushed through federal Parliament last week.

"Some of that is related to that amendment that occurred," she said.

"But this is a long-term operation. It isn't just something that happened last week.

"We believe that we were moving to a point where we had sufficient evidence to charge these people with a range of offences."

Commissioner Nixon has praised the cooperation of intelligence agencies, and state and federal police.

"The security around it, the secrecy around this operation I think has been incredibly important," she said.

Imam arrested

One of those arrested in Melbourne was Imam Abdul Nacer Benbrika, also known as Abu Bakr.

The Algerian-born Australian's home has been raided by ASIO at least twice this year.

He is said to be the spiritual leader of those arrested.

His lawyer, Rob Stary, says eight of the nine people arrested in Victoria have been charged with being members of a unnamed proscribed organisation.

"One other person's been charged with directing members of a proscribed organisation," Mr Stary said.

In other developments:
    The premiers of New South Wales and Victoria say new laws passed by federal Parliament last week assisted in today's raids. (Full Story)
    The Muslim community has reacted with surprise at the overnight counter-terrorism raids, in which 16 people have been arrested. (Full Story)
    A man has been shot during what is believed to have been a counter-terrorism raid at Green Valley in Sydney's south-west. (Full Story)
    Former New South Wales premier Bob Carr says Australia needs to prepare for mass evacuations should there be a nuclear terrorist attack. (Full Story)
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Now they have started they will never stop, the Koran says they cant.

The only way we can be safe is to make Muslims feel unwelcome and threatened, again the Koran has tenets which tells Muslims that they should not live amongst people who would deride them and their religion.
    That way they would nto constitute the enemy within.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      The only way we can be safe is to make Muslims feel unwelcome and threatened
      So tell me LG, what practical action will you be taking to make Muslims feel threatened?

Comment

Originally posted by BBC website
        The operation came nearly a week after Australia's anti-terror laws were changed to give police greater powers.
        I wonder how much mileage bliar will make of this in his bulldozing the 90 days detainment change to the law?
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
          So tell me LG, what practical action will you be taking to make Muslims feel threatened?
          I dont think anyone can do this on a personal level without breaking the law.
          What it needs is a consistant response from authority, possibly legislation to the effect that Islam is not welcome in the UK.

The PC response to Muslim complaints over the years has led to Muslims feeling they are in a position of power and can do whatever they like. As their feeling of security increases their commitment to their Koranic requirements becomes more imperative.

The only weapon we have against them is the Koran itself, that or convert to Islam and take the entire world back to the dark ages.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

...and with a neat sidestep the young LG backs away from his earlier call to threaten Muslims. But he still retains his position as CUK poster most likely to be banged up when the new incitement to religious hatred laws come in. A fine performance for such an early hour.

Questions still remain however. Will he retain his composure in the heat of the afternoon?

Comment

We are in a quandry. Do the majority of muslims in the quietness of their hearts share the jihadist tendencies of these terrorists? If they do, then we are headed for a confrontation. If they do not then there is hope. These terrorist should be flushed out by the muslim community. During the IRA terror campaign the security services were receiving tip offs every day from family members and friends etc Currently there is not a peep from the muslim community - nothing, nyat, nada. I fail to believe that nobody in the muslim community were not aware of 7/7 or 21/7 or other attempted atrocities.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
                ...and with a neat sidestep the young LG backs away from his earlier call to threaten Muslims. But he still retains his position as CUK poster most likely to be banged up when the new incitement to religious hatred laws come in. A fine performance for such an early hour.

Questions still remain however. Will he retain his composure in the heat of the afternoon?
                Piss off you pathetic arse.
                I did not make a call to threaten Muslims.
                I said that our best deffence is if Muslims feel unwelcome and threatened and there is a world of difference.
                Try reading the Koran. See what it says to Muslims about living amongst those who deride or threaten them and their religion.

I will gladly go to court on an incitement to religious hatred charge, I reckon I could get Islam and Judeaism outlawed and myself acquited on a self defence defence.

I do not have the time to explain every single word of my posts to every illiterate idiot who does not understand the subject. If you cant do the reading round the subject then stay off it! arsehole. Like many others without an argument you take part of a sentence out of context and use it to your own twisted and ignorant purposes.

BTW I am not so young!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  We are in a quandry. Do the majority of muslims in the quietness of their hearts share the jihadist tendencies of these terrorists? If they do, then we are headed for a confrontation. If they do not then there is hope. These terrorist should be flushed out by the muslim community. During the IRA terror campaign the security services were receiving tip offs every day from family members and friends etc Currently there is not a peep from the muslim community - nothing, nyat, nada. I fail to believe that nobody in the muslim community were not aware of 7/7 or 21/7 or other attempted atrocities.
                  They share the jihadist ideal, though that is not to say they are all going to be terrorists.

precis: Islam is an all or nothing religion, it is based on the word of God. Muslims can not choose which parts of the Koran and the traditions that they will follow and which parts they will ignore.
                  If they do not follow all of it then they are not Muslims and are damned with the rest of us.
                  The Koran effectively says convert or kill all non believers, but there are some provisos that allow non believers to be left alone as long as they are useful to Muslims.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    During the IRA terror campaign the security services were receiving tip offs every day from family members and friends etc Currently there is not a peep from the muslim community - nothing, nyat, nada. I fail to believe that nobody in the muslim community were not aware of 7/7 or 21/7 or other attempted atrocities.
                    And how do you know that the security services do not receive tip offs from the Muslim community? I recall the outgoing Met Commissioner, Stevens is his name I believe, said that several attacks had already been foiled (prior to 7/7)and that he was encouraged by the response of the Muslim community.

Also re: 7/7, I understand the belief by the securty services is that it was a self contained cell. Such people do not broadcast their activities, least of all to their family or friends. Such is the nature of religious fanaticism.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X