• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Price of a bed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of a bed

My brother has recently got married and they have moved into their first home. Found out at the weekend that they're sleeping on a mattress on the floor until they can afford a bed. My original present was to help out considerably towards their honeymoon (it's being delayed due to their work commitments) but now Im thinking of suggesting buying a bed.

a) Is it a weird idea buying a bed for my brother and spouse?
    b) How much did you pay for your current bed?
    c) More curiosity really: what style bed do you have?

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    No. Buying 'something for the house' is perfect.
    £1,200
    Dunno what it's called. Probably a-rectangular-lump-with-a-mattress-on-and-a-head-board. Oh, and a wheel that broke and f***ed up my toe.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What a strange question.

749 from habitat

http://www.habitat.co.uk/fcp/product...ble-bed/982918

Comment

My brother has recently got married and they have moved into their first home. Found out at the weekend that they're sleeping on a mattress on the floor until they can afford a bed. My original present was to help out considerably towards their honeymoon (it's being delayed due to their work commitments) but now Im thinking of suggesting buying a bed.

Chef
        My bed is too short for him... his legs hang out the bottom by about a foot

It's a Divan Miracoil thingy with the hippo logo, I think it's silent night. I like it.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

a) No - if they need one!

b) Bout £300 - not an expensive one - but the mattress can be very expensive

c) kind of square with drawers in it?

Comment

We paid £1,500 for a king size divan with 4 drawers + head board.

Its a joy to sleep in

Comment

Chef
              a) It's a nice idea, but give them vouchers at Dreams or John Lewis so they can choose it themselves - it'd be weird if you chose the actual bedframe.
              b) For a half-decent one, anywhere between £500-£700.
              c) One of these.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                My bed is too short for him... his legs hang out the bottom by about a foot

It's a Divan Miracoil thingy with the hippo logo, I think it's silent night. I like it.
                You should have gone to the adult section when buying, instead of the kids ones ...

Nothing like killing the moment than turning up in your lucky nights room and she's got a novelty hippo bed.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  You should have gone to the adult section when buying, instead of the kids ones ...

Nothing like killing the moment than turning up in your lucky nights room and she's got a novelty hippo bed.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

a) Not really. Unless you test drive it with your sister in law.

b) About £600 for the bed and about £500 for the mattress.

c) It looks a bit like this one. http://www.oak-furniture-shop.co.uk/...ed-Slatted.JPG

Comment

Working...
                    X