• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My gokart didn't do 37mph...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gokart didn't do 37mph...

Sadly, this one did...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8176230.stm

Though quite why you'd drive it at 22:00 in the dark seems a bit strange to me...

From the sound of it, no crash helmet either...

Well they are welsh.

Sad way to go though

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Well they are welsh.

Sad way to go though

Sad but stupid and avoidable. Don't drive unlit go karts around in the dark would be my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well they are welsh.
        Good point. The English would not be so stupid.

During on my journey from the South West to Essex and back on Sunday, all those broken down cars, smashed up cars, the bloke running across the M3, the bloke pushing a broken down car in the middle lane of the M3, vehicles on the back of recovery vehicles, the cyclist on the M25 / A13 roundabout, the middle-lane cruisers, the BMW-driving tossers that go straight from the slip lane to the outside lane when doing 40 while we're hammering along at 90+, the ****** in the service station driving diagonally across the parking spaces that nearly rammed us when we were innocently driving along a lane, the stupid bitch drinking coffee and wandering right across the motorway, the endless if-I-text-with-the-mobile-in-my-lap-it-doesn't-count-oh-tulip-when-did-I-change-lane? tossers, the tossers with no steering because their caravan / trailer is overladen at the front making their front wheels barely touch the road, the lunatic lying down on an unlit road replacing the read offside wheel on motorcaravan with no lights on such that their legs were in the inside lane and the eejit that slammed the brakes on to look at Stonehenge regardless of the fact he was on a derestricted A-road were definitely all Welsh.

It's amazing there's any of them left.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Good point. The English would not be so stupid.

.....fact he was on a derestricted A-road were definitely all Welsh.

It's amazing there's any of them left.
          Excellent rant, and like the best of them, a good point well made. I'd like to add the 3 Series driver who turned into the road we were about to emerge from on Sunday on our side of the road because he's too busy/important to drive on his own side, then scowled at us for having the temerity to be minding our own business driving on the right side of the road. He must have been Welsh too.

Comment

Working...
          X