• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You've been framed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've been framed

Linky

The UK government is about to spend $700 million dollars installing surveillance cameras inside the private homes of citizens to ensure that children go to bed on time, attend school and eat proper meals.

No you aren’t reading a passage from George Orwell’s 1984 or Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World, this is Britain in 2009, a country which already has more surveillance cameras watching its population than the whole of Europe put together.

Now the government is embarking on a scheme called “Family Intervention Projects” which will literally create a nanny state on steroids, with social services goons and private security guards given the authority to make regular “home checks” to ensure parents are raising their children correctly.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

The opposition Conservative Party, who are clear favorites to win the next British election, commented that the program does not go far enough and is "too little, too late."

(if the article is to be believed - looks a bit of a tinfoil hat site)

There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live — did live, from habit that became instinct — in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized.
    The only thing Orwell didn't anticipate was infra-red cameras.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

(if the article is to be believed - looks a bit of a tinfoil hat site)

The only thing Orwell didn't anticipate was infra-red cameras.
      (Rustle of tin foil hat been readjusted for comfy fit . . . )

That's what they all say, until things start to become true.

Mwaahaaawaaahaaawaaahaaa (evil laugh)

Comment

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families

from today, so it may be in other organs sooner or later.

THOUSANDS of the worst families in England are to be put in “sin bins” in a bid to change their bad behaviour, Ed Balls announced yesterday.
        The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.
        They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.
        Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families

from today, so it may be in other organs sooner or later.
          That was quick. From tin foil hat site to reality in a matter of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            That was quick. From tin foil hat site to reality in a matter of hours.
            Family Intervention Projects have been in operation since 2006, as part of the government's "Respect" agenda to tackle anti-soclal behaviour. All that is new in the news is the CCTV in the home. Only the Express has it so I so suspect it's to do with circulation.....

Comment

Express talks balls

http://twitter.com/edballsmp/status/3124025586

the idea we are planning to put CCTV in families' homes is complete and total nonsense
              -- Ed Balls MP

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                That's not a complete denial (in political terms).
                They might just be used to "....assist problem children...."
                Bored.

Comment

Just take the stoopid firkin chavs out and shoot them

will save a lot of tax payers money and mean the daily rags need to report some decent news.....

Comment

Who would allow cameras in their home?

Will this be forced on people by court order? Or will they just be told its for a new reality TV show......

Comment

Working...
                    X