• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordo's missing billions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordo's missing billions

Anyone catch this program last night?

I watched about the first 20 minutes before the absolutely sh1t camera work gave me the mother of all headaches! I mean honestly..what the f*cks up with shaking the camera at every ******* chance they get?!?!?!?!?!

The bit I did catch was quite interesting...cant wait for this f*cker to become prime minister!

Mailman

Yes, the camera work was irritating in parts.

Ed Balls is a slimy weasel. Not once did he admit that they were wrong and his spin doctoring was true to liebour's form, which is why he has become an MP no doubt.

His performance highlighted the latest trend amongst Liebour spinners to preface an answer with an attempt to flatter the viewer. “I don’t think that viewers of this programme will believe we’ve spent less on such-and-such” is a classic example.

Dilnot shoud have made more opportunity to be far more aggressive in his questioning, particularly with Balls over subjects such as fuel duty. He should have discussed the pension fund raids too. He should have made more of stealth taxes, fiscal drag and the 157+ tax raising measures.

The Clown at the Select Committee desperately avoided the embarrassing question of whether his figures were correct by mumbling, gesturing with his hand, avoiding eye contact and distraction referring the members to the items on page 695 of his tome of fiscal lies.

But it did show how el gordo has squandered £50b and tried to cook the books by hiding a chunk of spend under PFI, because "it is categorised as an investment".

I wonder how he's going to get out of this one...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I wonder how he's going to get out of this one...
      Intact as usual!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius
        Intact as usual!!!
        Indeed. I'm not sure any of the voters who count and could conceivably make a difference at the next election watch Dispatches. All they are concerned about is where the next tax credit / disability allowance payment is coming from.

Comment

I thought it was a good programme (apart from the dodgy cameraman). He tried to put economics into terms that the hard of thinking of this country may understand which is the only way we will get rid of the current shower. Ed Balls is a patronising pillock

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            He tried to put economics into terms that the hard of thinking of this country may understand which is the only way we will get rid of the current shower.
            An admirable aim but unfortunately I suspect none of them watch Dispatches and their vote is easily bought with either a benefit payment or a public sector job counting pencils at the local government office.

Comment

Working...
            X