• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MSc IT Service Management....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSc IT Service Management....

Will it....

Increase my rate?

Reduce my 'resting' periods?

Be a waste of a years 'billing' time?

(I believe I can complete it with distance learning)

T
    Ps.... I'm expecting to complete my ITIL v3 Expert Sept / Oct and have over 10 years ITIL experience.

What is your previous qualifications? Are they IT related?

Comment

Apart from ITIL...and MCSE

O levels & a BTEC Business & computing.

I can get accepted with my Service Mgt experience - also I gain an exception for one of the modules because of the ITIL V3 Expert.

Also...

I'm on the wrong side of 45...
      Last edited by Tingles; 4 August 2009, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        Will it....

Increase my rate?

Reduce my 'resting' periods?

Be a waste of a years 'billing' time?

(I believe I can complete it with distance learning)

T
        Ps.... I'm expecting to complete my ITIL v3 Expert Sept / Oct and have over 10 years ITIL experience.
        It won't improve your sex live until after it has been completed.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          It won't improve your sex live until after it has been completed.
          That's not specifically true - his wife might have a "fondle young students as they study" fetish

I found it hard to resist my wierd urges the other day when my hubby (usual suited and booted trendy PM type) came downstairs in these black, tracksuit looking chav pants. Honestly....I wanted to do things to him that had never even crossed my mind before!

Sometimes it's good to be someone different
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Somewhat off subject methinks...

Also we are talking Service Mgt!!!

Comment

I had a non-IT undergrad BSc, so did MSc in computer sciences, that really did help me, but at the time I was just starting my career in IT. For an experience managers I would think an MBA is a bit more useful qualification, I looked it up several times, but it seems only an MBA from one of the top universities is guaranteed to further your career, the price for those is horrendous and am not sure the benefit gained from an MBA will be worth the loss of a year income, plus the fees which is anything from 45k to 60K.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                Somewhat off subject methinks...

Also we are talking Service Mgt!!!
                Absolutely. How to manage ones services to ones partner.... it's all part of the Masters Course.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                  I had a non-IT undergrad BSc, so did MSc in computer sciences, that really did help me, but at the time I was just starting my career in IT. For an experience managers I would think an MBA is a bit more useful qualification, I looked it up several times, but it seems only an MBA from one of the top universities is guaranteed to further your career, the price for those is horrendous and am not sure the benefit gained from an MBA will be worth the loss of a year income, plus the fees which is anything from 45k to 60K.
                  I'm also considering the ROI & VOI....

Thanks....

Comment

I'm doing an MSc at the moment. MSc in IT (Information Security), off the back of am IT BSc.

A small part of my brain can forsee a future of acadamia...a possible PHD after this, and when I'm about 45 retire to a life of part time lecturing or book writing...something "peice of p*ss"-y for a nice amount of cash.

But in reality, it probably wont help me.

It costs £327 per month, and I have to say I really enjoy it (and I'll enjoy it a lot more once I'm on the bench, and hopefully when I'm in prison next year for insufficient corp tax funds I'll be able ot carry it on)...

But is it worth it? Only time will tell. Probably not.

Edit: One last thing..only do it if you really want to, as they take up LOADS of time! I spend about 20-30 hours per week on it.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X