• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On with the suit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On with the suit...

Got my follow-up interview tomorrow so its on with the suit which hasn't been worn for nearly a year now and I must admit I miss wearing it at times. Sad but true, for some reason I always feel more a 'professional' going to work in one.

Anyway, hopefully I'm not going to be over-dressed as the last time I had an interview everyone else was either wearing woolly cardigans or t-shirts.

The thing that bothers me more though is that I'll probably have to do a technical test...b*gger, I hate technical tests...

They were wearing cardigans?!? Who interviewed you? The local knitting circle??
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Good luck Mr B...

I have 4 interviews this week... hopefully one of them is actually a 'live' job...

Only advice I can give is shave - I was turned down by Lloyds Asset Management as 'I hadnt shaved properly'.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I always struggle to decide on what tie to wear, e.g. soft blue or red.

I don't bother with the braces these days or the pointy shoes and always check to make sure my fly is done up before entering the room, nothing worse than exposing the underpants.

The worst part is when you get to the hotel and open the dry cleaning bag just to find out it's a mix and match outfit.

Also it is allways fun to take the coat off during the interview and display the last six months dry cleaning tags

Anyone tried those cheap machine washable suits yet - are they any good?

Comment

Cheers, and good luck as well...

Yep, always make sure I'm nice and smoothly shaved...though did once make the mistake of doing it in a rush at the very last minute and spending half my time on the tube trying to stop the bleeding...

Comment

There is a joke there somewhere but not even i am sick enough to make it....
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Well, I didn't get the role I went for which is a shame...considered too senior...so was offered another role through the same people.

Start Monday...

I'll be thinking of you guys when I'm sitting in my favourite cafe this afternoon and downing a Leffe or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black

Well, I didn't get the role I went for which is a shame...considered too senior...so was offered another role through the same people.

Start Monday...

I'll be thinking of you guys when I'm sitting in my favourite cafe this afternoon and downing a Leffe or two.
                Bully For you Old Bean !

Enjoy your Leffe on this cold but sunny day in Bruss.

Comment

Working...
                X