• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent permie "buzz words"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent permie "buzz words"

So we have had Blackberry's constantly vibrating, the use of "going forward" hundred times a day, now some new ones that the permies have started using:

"Fun and games" & "can of worms." I mean these aren't new and we know that, but the guy in front of me uses them constantly throughout the day! It's so annoying...

"soup to nuts" as in "from the soup at the start of a meal to the nuts at the end"

otherwise known as: from start to finish.

FFS!

Comment

Why not schedule a meeting-in-a-box and invite some stakeholders to brainstorm about this? I'm sure that with some S.M.A.R.T goalsetting and tight timeboxing you can achieve the synergies required to furnish an integrated solution to this issue. Going forward, that is.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I hate "going forward"
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I hate "going forward"
          I hate permies.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

The most irritating bit of corporate cackspeak I ever heard was 'transformation has just become a verb', at a bank in Holland.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              The most irritating bit of corporate cackspeak I ever heard was 'transformation has just become a verb', at a bank in Holland.
              It may have been accurate if the guy was a AutoBot.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                I hate permies.
                I'd expect it's consultants brought in to help the company who should shoulder a lot of the blame.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Everyone here has just started using "Conflation"
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'd expect it's consultants brought in to help the company who should shoulder a lot of the blame.
                    Yes. No doubt about that.

I remember in the mid 1980s when I was a lowly spod, that management consultants (e.g. Kearney) oozed their filthy way into my organization and began using phrases like "blue sky thinking" and "pushing the envelope".

The only "envelope" I wanted to push, was my tightly-rolled, and unlubricated resignation letter, forcefully up the sphincter of Kearney's 'principal consultant'.

Fortunately they tired of the battle and withrew, licking their wounds and salving their conciences with about £2M. Bastard tulips!
                    Last edited by bogeyman; 4 August 2009, 16:03. Reason: dates!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X