• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitness

Have been on the bench for several weeks and thought I'd better shed the Xmas (2005) weight.

Been going to the gym four times a week and eating healthily for about a month now and feel pretty good.

Just checked and have lost a few more pounds - every little helps.

Anyone else on the bench also using the time to get in shape?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

From your avatar, it looks like it's shaping up nicely...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

not cuz im on the bench - but do anyway.

cant beat having a fit body as it leads to a fit mind and is positive for all aspects of your life

Comment

Clientco's got a gym on site....

Pass it twice a day to and from the carpark!
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Careful, it will become as addictive as drinking and chasing wimmin.

You now daren't ever quit as you know you'll pile on millions of pounds in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
            not cuz im on the bench - but do anyway.

cant beat having a fit body as it leads to a fit mind and is positive for all aspects of your life
            its all true... does anyone else here get to the stage where you feel annoyed with yourself for missing out when you can't go? i.e. sometimes I'm away from home in a hotel that's got no sign of any fitness equipment and I'm longing to be at my regular gym - I'm sure it's just an illness that'll go away.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
              Clientco's got a gym on site....

Pass it twice a day to and from the carpark!
              Same here, plus when I nip out for a smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                its all true... does anyone else here get to the stage where you feel annoyed with yourself for missing out when you can't go? i.e. sometimes I'm away from home in a hotel that's got no sign of any fitness equipment and I'm longing to be at my regular gym - I'm sure it's just an illness that'll go away.
                Well yes but it's more guilt in my case. I also don't like having to have gaps of more than a few days between gym sessions as I know it'll hurt on my first session back.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  I also don't like having to have gaps of more than a few days between gym sessions as I know it'll hurt on my first session back.
                  Me too and then you feel angry for letting yourself go. It just shocks how quickly you can go backwards after missing a day or so...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Have been on the bench for several weeks and thought I'd better shed the Xmas (2005) weight.

Been going to the gym four times a week and eating healthily for about a month now and feel pretty good.

Just checked and have lost a few more pounds - every little helps.

Yes.... so much so that I think working would now be bad for my health. I'm in the gym, sauna, jacuzzi three times a week plus I play squash at least once a week. My weight is at a steady 13 stone after being just under 15 stone just over a year ago. I've never felt fitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X