• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasps

Bastard spawn of Lucifer. Been bothered all weekend by them and one decides to sting while walking through the town centre. Have a lovely huge swelling on my arm which is starting to stiffen up. I hate them and see no obvious need for them.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

They probably see no obvious need for you either.

Wasps are actually quite useful in Mother Nature's cleansing department whereas you and I are probably not.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      They probably see no obvious need for you either.

Wasps are actually quite useful in Mother Nature's cleansing department whereas you and I are probably not.
      What do they do that is useful? I've always wondered.

Comment

Wasps eat other annoying insects. The fact that many feed on eachother can only be good, in my eyes. It's all part of the food chain.

I had an infestation last year that invaded my front garden feeding off the sap from a tree and I bought a wasp trap. This year I've not seen any sign of them yet, mainly I think because I have not pruned the tree this year, deliberately. Less available sap, less wasps !!
        Last edited by Cyberman; 4 August 2009, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          What do they do that is useful? I've always wondered.
          They stop me from having to pretend that eating in the garden is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Wasps eat other annoying insects. The fact that many feed on eachother can only be good on my eyes. It's all part of the food chain.

I had an infestation last year that invaded my front garden feeding off the sap from a tree and I bought a wasp trap. This year I've not seen any sign of them yet, mainly I think because I have not pruned the tree this year, deliberately. Less available sap, less wasps !!
            fewer - were you educated under the Tories?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              They stop me from having to pretend that eating in the garden is fun.
              Quality!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                fewer - were you educated under the Tories?

That must have come from the years when it was under Labour....

Comment

When I was growing up in India, my mother used to hang a dead animal in the garden to attract the wasps so us boys could eat in peace without being annoyed by them.

Comment

Waspies are brill litle creatures, It is coming up to that time of year when my garden will be full of waspies because I put jam out for them.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X