• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'How is my driving' stickers..............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'How is my driving' stickers..............

.......... on the back of vans.

Shouldnt they really just say 'Im driving like a twat so ring and see if I care!'
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Shouldnt they really just say 'Im driving like a twat so ring and see if I care!'
    Also love the "baby on board" stickers.

As if that is going to make tail-gaters think twice!
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Also love the "baby on board" stickers.

As if that is going to make tail-gaters think twice!
      Their purpose is to alert emergency services to the presence of a baby in the car, in the event of an accident where the adults might not be conscious and able to tell them. They are meant to be removable signs, displayed only when there is a baby on board. Permanent stickers just ruin the idea.

Comment

I saw a car today with the drivers email address as a sticker in the back window. Something like [email protected]

WTF is that about? A new craze?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Their purpose is to alert emergency services to the presence of a baby in the car, in the event of an accident where the adults might not be conscious and able to tell them. They are meant to be removable signs, displayed only when there is a baby on board. Permanent stickers just ruin the idea.
          I've got one that says "Idiot driver onboard".

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Wouldn't the car seat or the nappy odor be a clue?
            The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
              Wouldn't the car seat or the nappy odor be a clue?
              A cousin of mine was in a nasty crash when he was about four. The rescue services removed the rest of the family (two dead, two alive) and didn't spot him at all. He was only found when they came to tow away the wreck and heard crying.

I don't suppose a "baby on board" sign would have helped, but it shows you can miss a small child in a badly smashed up car.

Comment

I always thought it was to tell drivers to be careful when driving behind this car because of the child - an idea I never quite understood.

I can see they might help in an accident though.
                The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

I´m sure it was someone on this board who suggested a premium rate number for the "how´s my driving "sticker and then tearing around the M25 like a lunatic to generate income
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    I´m sure it was someone on this board who suggested a premium rate number for the "how´s my driving "sticker and then tearing around the M25 like a lunatic to generate income

Comment

Working...
                    X