• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brazil has 129 swineflu deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil has 129 swineflu deaths

21 deaths in the state of Parana confirmed in one day.

I predicted this week it would be up to 75 , but this surely is dreadful news.

http://g1.globo.com/Sites/Especiais/...NO+PARANA.html

I think you should make your own website where people can set it as their home-page and get daily updates. A few Google ads in there too and who knows, Plan-B may actually get you a seat on the next series of Dragons Den.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Tonight another first in the Dragons' Den..200,000 handed out for no percentage of the business, simply a promise to fook off and never come back.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Tonight another first in the Dragons' Den..200,000 handed out for no percentage of the business, simply a promise to fook off and never come back.
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Sounds a good deal to me.

Comment

Your threads posting the same stats are multiplying faster than the flu epidemic. One thread per day would be enough I feel. You might even consider re-using the same thread to make it easier to follow the news.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

According to this study, Brazil experienced almost 26,000 deaths per annum specifically from influenza (i.e. where influenza, rather than associated complications such as pneumonia, was recorded as the cause of death) between 1979 and 2001.

Leaving aside any growth in population since 2001, that would still suggest that Brazil would, on average, expect to encounter around 500 deaths per week from influenza.

So 129 isn't really that big a deal, unless this an increase over the expected number of deaths from influenza (i.e. a 25% increase over expected mortality rates); but of course we don't get hard facts and figures from our resident chutney expert, just some garbage he read in one of the more obviously crap newspapers - oops, web sites

If he can cite figures showing that these were deaths over and above the expected number, then he might have a case. I leave the door open for more specific data to be adduced.
              Last edited by NickFitz; 4 August 2009, 23:55. Reason: web site, not newspaper

Comment

It's like his very own "one a day" thread.

Back in five.

Comment

I see that complacency still reigns, especially with HMG who say that this disease has peaked. Just wait until the kids get back to school.

Comment

Is it my imagination or are the ChutneyCock's no of postings going down the more crap he posts?

Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X