• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fish & Chips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish & Chips

The whole fish & chips e.coli thing in the news got me thinking... I've not had F&C for bloody ages. To add insult to injury, I live up north where you can still buy cod+chips for under £5 unlike the south.

Note to self: stop eating curry and get a nice piece of cod.
    Note addendum: make sure it's not catfish.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Because of yesterday's discussions, we had fish 'n' chips last night.

No clear signs of death yet, but I'll keep an eye out.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      It wasn't the fish or the chips apparently, but the veggie burger...

It was probably the guy that didn't wash his hands after going to the loo before he made the veggieburger. Then it wasn't cooked thoroughly to kill any bugs. So much for health food.....

Comment

Cod is an endangered fish - Get it while you can, it's delicious!!

Comment

This is why I never have Koftah kebab. Has the person using his bare hands washed after being in the bathroom?

Comment

Did you see the pictures of the place?

Fook me, just looking at the building could kill you. Who buys food from places that look that shabby?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              People in Welshpool, apparently.
              http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...yfish466pa.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by chetty View Post
                This is why I never have Koftah kebab. Has the person using his bare hands washed after being in the bathroom?

I saw Indian guys putting raw meat on skewers one minute to go into the oven and then serving cooked meats to customers the next, on both occasions touching the food with bare hands without washing. I immediately left the queue and have not been back since. I guess that makes me a racist......

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  I saw Indian guys putting raw meat on skewers one minute to go into the oven and then serving cooked meats to customers the next, on both occasions touching the food with bare hands without washing. I immediately left the queue and have not been back since. I guess that makes me a racist......
                  Well thats what I mean. With kofta, they use their hands to mould the meat mixture onto the skewers. But I have to say as an Indian that these people you saw were more likely to be Banladsheshis or Pakistanis, not Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by chetty View Post
                    Well thats what I mean. With kofta, they use their hands to mould the meat mixture onto the skewers. But I have to say as an Indian that these people you saw were more likely to be Banladsheshis or Pakistanis, not Indians.

You're obviously as racist as me !!

Comment

Working...
                    X