• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ajax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajax

anyone using this stuff yet ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX

Milan.

No, but,

Think I might spend a day playing with it. Should be pretty much a guru by then

Comment

"anyone using this stuff yet?"

Its hardly new, all the ideas/tech etc has been round for donkey years.

I read an article (if I find it I'll add a link) some time ago which criticised web developers for not building more interactive/thinner applications using this way of thinking, rather than just posting pages back and forth or slapping some applet or flash thingy onto a page.

Anyway SAP is the future so its not of interest to a lot of people I guess...

Comment

Remember Remote Scripting ..? Ironically a way of remotely calling an exposed function that used a Java Applet (ewww) that was released by Microsoft... I used it to return JavaScript arrays that were used to update UI elements without a page refresh.

This is certainly similar in concept - I wrote several rather functional applications using this technology to replicate a standard VB front end in ASP.

The original alternative was simply to use a hidden frame that you posted to, and then parsed the XML that was returned to it. Was a bit cludgy though.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Joe,

I don't know what you're trying to prove but everybody knows SAP jobs are down the toilet, so change the record and tow the party line that .Net is the way to go.

Milan.

Comment

Sorry Mr Benes Sir, unfortunately the only copy I have of the party manifesto is the 1997 one which made a commitment to all IT work being carried out in SAP by 2005.

I hearby tender my resignation from the party as result and shall wait the suitable period of two months before returning to the front bench...

Edit:

Sorry for disturbing you again Mr Benes, but does that mean we are not going to keep to our 1997 manifesto promises, because some of the local members are a bit concerned?
            Last edited by Joe Black; 8 November 2005, 14:05.

Comment

oh well it don't matter this lot of noddies can't get in anyway

aren't closed shops great

Milan.

Comment

Ajax

Used it to scour the kitchen sink last weekend

Comment

IIRC I mentioned using AJAX some time ago. Been using AJAX for quite a while now. Mainly in conjunction with Ruby on Rails. Actually using it for a PDA application I am currently writing, so have had to write my own browser that is able to handle it as well.

Which is nice.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X