• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mihir Bose Resigns ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mihir Bose Resigns ...

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story....code=44093&c=1

Who's he you ask?

That ******* useless Indian dude who does the sports news on the BBC. Possibly the worst piece of 'casting' for a job ever. My gran knew more about sport than he does ...

Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

I can't open that link at work, but I know who Mihir Bose is. I remember him writing for The Times. Or was it the Torygraph? Can't remember.

He moved on to investigative pieces about sport, including uncovering dodgy practices and stuff. But some say he was always adding two plus two and making five.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, I thought his journalism was quite good.

Comment

Mihir Bose resigns from BBC

4 August 2009
        By Oliver Luft

BBC sports news editor, Mihir Bose, has resigned from the corporation for personal reasons after two and a half years in the role.

Bose, a former Daily Telegraph journalist, was appointed to his current job at the end of 2006, taking up the post in 2007.

He was the corporation’s first sports news editor, appointed with a brief to expand coverage and appear regularly on news shows to offer analysis and insight to major sporting stories.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Mihir Bose has resigned for personal reasons with immediate effect."

Bose started his journalistic career at the London Broadcasting Corporation, after coming to the UK from his native India.

He later joined the Sunday Times before moving to the Daily Telegraph in 1995 where he started the paper's 'Inside Sports' column.

He has also worked outside sport on radio and television, including work on BBC Radio 4's Financial World Tonight, South Asia Report on the BBC World Service and What the Papers Say for Channel 4.
        He was sh*t and annoying to boot - his presenting style was akin to a five year old's.
        Last edited by Clippy; 5 August 2009, 11:45.

Comment

Wasn't he the guy that sexually harassed(allegedly) a young employee of the BBC and was suspended ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Wasn't he the guy that sexually harassed(allegedly) a young employee of the BBC and was suspended ?
            Have you got some kind of complete smiley dysfunction no one else gets?

You're like an autistic, without the special talent.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              He was sh*t and annoying to boot - his presenting style was akin to a five year old's.
              He wasn't cut out for TV and radio, but I enjoyed his pieces in Insurance Age

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Have you got some kind of complete smiley dysfunction no one else gets?

You're like an autistic, without the special talent.
                Oh, no. Now I'm crying laughing again.

Excellent.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Wasn't he the irritating twat who used the phrase "I can exclusively reveal" too often?

Comment

wouldnt be racial discrimination would it?

Comment

Working...
                    X