• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Justice??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice??

Someone please tell me why dont we bring back medeival torture for crims?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8186001.stm

Loan shark Robert Reynolds, 39, from Stanley, County Durham, lent one family £500 to meet a debt taken out for computer - then forced them to pay £88,000 over seven years.

The pressure caused mother-of-four Debra Wilson, 40, to suffer two strokes and a brain haemorrhage, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

The judge described him as "beneath contempt" and gave him a 51-week prison sentence, suspended for two years.

I've got to say, I am absolutely disgusted by this like. What the **** do you have ot do to get sent to prison these days?!!

This guy bled £88k out of that family, and terrorised them every single day for years!

The wife had 2 strokes because of it ffs!!

Absolutely baffling, and utterly disgusting.

However...one saving grace...he comes from Stanley...I would imagine the community will deal with this one themselves. And rightly fukc1ng so!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post

Loan shark Robert Reynolds, 39, from Stanley, County Durham, lent one family £500 to meet a debt taken out for computer - then forced them to pay £88,000 over seven years.

The pressure caused mother-of-four Debra Wilson, 40, to suffer two strokes and a brain haemorrhage, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

The judge described him as "beneath contempt" and gave him a 51-week prison sentence, suspended for two years.
      But he only ever hurt poor people. If he had hurt a judge he would have got a much longer sentence.

HTH

Comment

just re-inforces the old saying "crime pays" !!

Comment

just re-inforces the old saying "crime pays" !!
          It certainly does liek - he doesn't even have to pay any of the £88k back to them!!

I just dont understand what the fukc1ng judge was on.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            I just dont understand what the fukc1ng judge was on.
            The payroll??
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So basically he got away with it.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

But what law did he break? Was it just that he didn't have consumer credit licence?
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  But what law did he break? Was it just that he didn't have consumer credit licence?
                  Found it:

"He was originally charged with blackmail but pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of harassment with intent to commit violence."

So he was not in court for being a loan shark. Being a loan shark is fine; it's just like a bank loan but with higher interest.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I imagine a tax investigation might yield some ammo for the powers that be. Problem is, he can probably afford a better Accountant/Solicitor than most contractors.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X